Chapter 12: Under Bandages

A/N
1k+ reads my god I'm so happy right now 0w0 thanks y'all!!
I realise I'm quite inconsistent with the POV thing, though I think you guys can tell as to who's POV it is XD uhm also, I'll be going through all the previous chapters soon to edit them since there are a LOT of spelling and grammar mistakes, I doubt I'll get them all though, so please bear with me ^^'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
3rd Person

Y/N was running. She had ripped half of her dress length off just to make it easier to move, may it had been an accident or not, but she was glad she had thought of it soon. Something was chasing her and she would not let it catch her. 

Not like this anyway.

"Arthur, how much longer are you asking for?!" She screamed in frustration as she hopped over more debris. 

The thing was slowly catching up, and it seemed that the streets were empty, a few victim corpses lying about on the ground. She turned a corner to find herself face to face with another creature. She breathed heavily as she took a step back at the slow approaching monster. She was surrounded. The original was now standing behind her, it's claws outstretched, ready to catch it's prey.

Their predatory eyes focused on her as they bared their jagged, yellow teeth aggressively. They were being wary, and Y/N knew it.

"Stay back!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, as she grabbed a sabre blade from her waist band. The blade shone silver under the moon's light, and the two creatures squinted at the bright reflection.

 They grotesquely moved forth towards her in anger, their arms and legs twisting in an uncomfortable way as they began to shift. Y/N began to run again, as the two monsters collided they began to morph into one another. She dodged them by running into a nearby ally, and sprinted into the nearby park, stumbling through the trees, into the woods. 

She sliced away debris of leaves and twigs as she made her way further, deeper into her new surroundings. She felt the sting of splinters and cuts all over her legs and arms as she ran, but there was no time to stop.

She must keep stalling.

"Arthur, when you get here, I'm going to kill you..." She muttered the ironic words under her breath, hearing the now merged monster taking down the trees in it's path. Suddenly a loud, ear-piercing screech filled the air as the the creature hit the ground with a large thud, crushing the trees around it. 

"Arthur!!!" Y/N shouted as she turned to see her butler's silhouette standing on top of the creature, holding a long sword which was partially stabbed into the atrocity's neck, "Where have you been?!"

"I'm sorry milady, business with Cordelia took a little longer than expected," He replied as he hopped off of the monster, "she had been summoning these animals from hell to do her dirty work for her. This one went rogue."

"Is she dead?" 

"Yes. She had turned on herself only moments before she was going to give information about the armlet."

"That woman..." Y/N mumbled, "this entire time, I thought I could trust her. She's served my family as a tailor for generations now. How could she keep this secret for that long?"

"She could've never known the secret in the first place Y/N. For all we know, she could've been bluffing."

Y/N gripped her sabre tightly. She sighed as she approached the hellish creature and held the sword high above her head. It was time for it to go home. She brought the blade down to its head and cast a glow over its body, not before long, the creature was gone.

She swiftly slipped the blade back into it's sheath, hidden within her dress.

"Wow, my dress is in tatters... And the people in this part of town. Won't be long until a reaper appears."