Chapter 26: I'll Protect You

A/N

It's been ages since I last updated...
Sorry about that haha ^^'

Though I'd just like to say, thank you for all the comments, votes and reads, they're very much appreciated! I still don't know why you're all still reading this story though lmao I'm literally making this up on the spot.

Anyway, I do hope you like this chapter!

¤¤¤

"It's gone quiet..." Arthur muttered as he glanced over the hedge before ducking, turning his head to Francis, "It's swear, if that boy said something weird..."

"Oh dear Arthur, don't you know it's a new relationship? Of course there'll be some awkward moments~" Francis said matter-of-factly, shaking his head at the unknowing butler, "though, have they gotten to any action at all?"

Arthur quickly looked over the leaves  again to report, "none. And that's good."

"Oh Arthur, you're much too protective over Y/N, she's your mistress, she can do what she-"

"I know that!" Arthur snapped, "I just don't want her getting hurt..."

He clenched his fists as he glared at the ground, he had a obligatory duty to look after Y/N. He was ordered so by his previous master, Y/N's father. But his care of Y/N wasn't just an unwanted job to him. He truly wanted to keep her safe. He had promised her since she was small and vulnerable, that he would protect her as much as he was able, but this... This wasn't something he was ready for. He only took into account her physical wellbeing, not so much as to her emotions and feelings. He didn't know how to protect her in this case. What to allow her to do, what not to allow her to do, he was uncertain.

And so, this led to Arthur calling upon his 'friend' Francis.

Francis sighed as he watched Arthur contemplate in silence.

"You have a lot to learn Artie."

"Stop saying the obvious, bloody frog!"

¤¤¤

Y/N finally looked up from her plate, only to meet eye to eye with Ciel. But unlike the other times, she held her gaze.

"Thanks... For the cake Ciel."

He only smiled, placing his head on his fist as he rested his elbow on the table.

"I arranged for a walk around the gardens- this time, I hope ever so much that we won't be disrupted by wild beasts," he stated, getting up from his seat, to step over to Y/N,  offering a hand to her, "shall we go?"

Y/N nodded once as she glanced up to Ciel, gently placing her gloved hand over his, standing as she did so.

"Let's go! I have a feeling that I'll definitely enjoy this walk much more than the last!" she grinned as she began walking ahead, pulling Ciel along.

Ciel's lips tugged into an even bigger smile as he was led by his dear Y/N, and he was proud to say that he could call her his own.

He remembered the anxiety he felt the last time they were in the gardens, first from thinking that Y/N had feelings for Sebastian, then Y/N going off to battle... It was the first time in a long time he felt that heart-wrenching emotion.

Just from that feeling, he really did acknowledge truly how much Y/N meant to him.

"Ciel!" Y/N's voice called, breaking his train of thought, "aren't these flowers lovely? I absolutely adore the range of colouring themes... just the right inspiration for a new jewellery collection I believe."