Chapter 9: To The Ball

A/N
400+ reads overall XD yayy!! Haha I keep on coming up with these ideas but I'm too lazy to write them down, so by the time I get to Wattpad, I would've forgotten, and so I end up writing this rubbish instead. Pff ah well.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Y/N sat on the wooden chair as Mey-Rin carefully did her hair. They had chatted quite a bit over the last 20 or so minutes after Y/N had managed to get the maid to stop being so nervous, talking about how they should be able to communicate normally without any awkward titles. 

Y/N looked at the mirror as Mey-Rin continued to curl her hair, looking at her round E/C eyes. She sighed.

"What's the matter miss Y/N?" Mey-Rin asked, "aren't you excited for the ball?"

"Well I'm not as excited as I would want to be, I'm going there for a secret investigation, I'm a little nervous to be frank..."

"Aww don't be!! My master does it a lot, just follow his lead and you should be fine!"

"Ah yes, I'm very grateful for all of this that Lord Phantomhive has been doing for me.."

"Hehe he may seem cold and distant on the outside, but I'm sure he's very kind on the inside," Mey-Rin smiled and distanced hereself from Y/N's hair, completing the job, "I'm done! I hope you're happy with it! I know I could've done better..."

"Oh no, it's very beautiful Mey-Rin, thank you!!" Y/N petted the newly formed curls in her hair as she thanked the maid, "I must be going, I'm sure Arthur will be up here soon, to nag me about being late..."

"Well I wish you good luck milady, you'll do brilliant, I'm sure of it!"

"Thank you again Mey-Rin!!" 

Y/N hurried out of the guest room in one of her best dresses, and quickly moved down the stairs. Arthur stood at the end of the staircase with an outstretched hand. Y/N gently took it.

"Are you ready to go lady Y/N?"

"Yes, let's go to the carriage."

Arthur lead Y/N to the Phantomhive's carriage and carefully helped her inside. Not soon after, Ciel also climbed into the carriage, giving Y/N a brief nod in greeting, then sat beside her. Y/N did the same. Sebastian and Arthur both went to sit on the drivers bench, Arthur to be a look out in case of any danger. 

Ciel was dressed in some of his finer clothes as well, Y/N had noticed.

"Ciel, you look fine today," Y/N said, attempting to spark a conversation, "The blue really suits you well milord."

Ciel shifted his gaze to her quickly before moving it to out of the window.

"Thank you. You look quite beautiful in that dress." He muttered quietly.

Y/N felt her heart beat go a little faster in some sort of false hope. He had only said so for the sake of basic manners.

"Thanks." Was all she could muster out.

More awkward silence. Y/N looked out of the window on her side, looking at the view of the city.

----------------------------------------------
Ciel's POV

I focused on Y/N's reflection on the glass that I was facing. She looked as though she wanted to carry on the conversation but gave up and turned her head away and out of the window on her side. I kept looking at her reflection.

Was this weird? 

Well all I could really see was her back and her hair. 

I gave out a small sigh. I could've helped her carry on the conversation but I had to be the anti-social person I was and cut it short. Y/N was uncomfortable around me, that much was clear.