Chapter 23: Confession

A/N

Eyyy
So, as you can see, this chapter's called 'Confession'! So I'm guessing you all may already know what's to come! UwU

I've still got a lot of editing and explaining to do with the plot and backstory to Reader-chan and all of her acquaintances who aren't canon... But I'll do that in time :,D

I hope y'all are ready for OOC characters, cheesiness and terrible writing.

***WARNING! MATURE THEMES AHEAD! //coughs//justalotofmakingout'kay//cough//ihavenoshame//cough//***

Enjoy~!

•••

3rd Person

Arthur lead the way to Y/N's study, Sebastian and Ciel trailing behind him, their shoes thudding against the floor with every step.

Ciel was nervous, even if he didn't really want to admit it. As soon as doubt began to inch into his mind, Saarath appeared. And so, from this observation, Ciel had figured out the cure to rid of Saarath.

As he was consumed in thought, he had suddenly noticed that Arthur had stopped in front of a large study door, and knocked gently, "Milady, our guests are here."

"Come in." Her smooth, but quiet voice said, "I'd like to see my guests."

On cue, Arthur swung the door open, allowing Ciel and Sebastian to step in.

Ciel only then began to take in his surroundings. The study was magnificent, much larger than a normal one. There were shelves and shelves of books; a couple of sofas and a small coffee table to the right of the room; a humongous window to the back of the room, heavy silk curtains hanging from above and an oak study table decorated with intricate carvings to the left, a comfy looking chair behind it.

And sat in the chair was Y/N.

She was looking elegant as usual, her posture like that of royalty; her shoulders were relaxed, her back straight, and her head held high. She had changed into some simpler more comfortable looking clothes it seemed,  but it didn't take long before Ciel took notice of the bandages tightly bound around her hand and wrist.

"Ciel. Sebastian. Welcome to the L/N manor," She smiled politely, nodding her head toward them in acknowledgement, "how may I be of assistance today Ciel? You've certainly come here in quite a rush..."

Ciel could see that hinted look of doubt and worry in her eyes, but she kept smiling anyway.

"I have something important to tell you Y/N," Ciel stepped forward, keeping eye contact with the young lady, "and I intend to tell you now."

"I see..." Y/N's eyes broke away from his to look down at her desk, at her hands, "Arthur, Sebastian. Can you give Ciel and I some time I talk please?"

The two demon butlers nodded in sync, leaving the room immediately.

Leaving Ciel and Y/N, alone.

"What happened to your wrist?" Ciel asked, a frown on his face as he looked down at her limb, concerned.

"A small incident on my way back here, nothing too bad."

"I hope it heals soon."

"Thank you," Y/N replied as she placed her good hand over the bandages, "you said you were here to tell me something? I'm guessing that isn't it?"

"It isn't," Ciel walked around Y/N's desk, towards the girl herself, stopping at approximately half a metre from her, "I've come to tell you that I have broken off the engagement with Elizabeth."