Chapter 20: Leaving For Now

A/N

We've hit chapter 20~~ woo! Heh, for those who have chosen to read this far, thank you! I really appreciate all your funny, kind comments and votes, they make me feel very happy ^^

I honestly don't know how much farther this story is gonna go, but I know there will be a sequel, and it'll probably be in the modern day~ because I love that AU XD

•••

Arthur's POV

I gently knocked on the wooden door before pushing it open slightly. I spotted Y/N sitting up on the bed, staring out of the window seemingly deep in thought. I often found her like this in the morning... I remember when I used to wake her up, and her refusing to. But ever since we went home after her family's funeral, I've always found her up before I reach her door. It was worrisome at first, but as the days went by, it became part of the norm.

"Morning Y/N," I gently called to her, "I'm here to take you down for breakfast, our suitcases have already been packed."

"Okay Arthur," she replied, "let me quickly get into something more appropriate-"

"Mey-Rin's here to help you," I stepped aside as the maid clumsily walked in, a kindhearted smile on her face, "I'll be waiting outside until you're done."

Y/N nodded and gestured for the maid to come in further. I stepped out and carefully, but firmly shut the door. I had some questions to ask her later in the carriage, especially about yesterday...

"Arthur," the smooth voice of Sebastian said from my left side, "is Lady Y/N getting prepared?"

"Yes, Mey-Rin is in there helping her."

"Breakfast should be ready soon, though I certainly hope Bard doesn't mess things up in the kitchen..."

"He can't do worse than me- I once set fire to milk, and please, I would appreciate if you didn't ask how," I smiled at the stupid memory, and how Y/N had laughed at me that time, without Y/N's chef around, things would've been a disaster, "I'm glad no one else but Lady Y/N saw that, it was a truly degrading moment for a demon like myself."

Sebastian's mouth irked into a smile as he shook his head, "I have no idea how you've come to be one of my 'friends' Arthur."

"Me neither to be frank. You're like the perfect demon Sebastian, I am the kind of demon scum that the reapers and others absolutely despise. Especially that William Spears."

"William? He and I have a mutual feeling of hatred for one another."

"And Grell Sutcliffe, a very very strange reaper, he always knows how to creep me out, and I'm a demon for hell's sake!"

Sebastian's eye twitched at the mention of Grell, "he's... Quite annoying."

I chuckled, "well we seem to have quite a bit in common as to who we dislike, Sebastian."

"Seems so."

The door creaked open slightly as Y/N peeked ou. She was dressed in one of her usual F/C dresses, and a matching choker. Her hair was done up neatly and her gloves were a clean and pearly white.

"Arthur- oh! Good morning Sebastian!"

"Good morning Lady Y/N, I trust you had a good night's sleep?" Sebastian asked politely as I took Y/N's hand.

"Mhm, I did indeed actually! The beds here are very comfy."

"Sebastian, is breakfast ready?" I questioned, beginning to lead Y/N down the corridor.

He pulled out his pocket watch and flipped it open before swiftly putting it away again, "It should be done by the time we get down to the dining room I believe."