Chapter 14: Lost Connections

3rd person

Y/N groaned softly. 

Her body felt heavy on the mattress she lay on, dentures below her moulded to fit her comfortably. The room was bright with light emitting from a window to her right. She squinted as she opened her eyes slightly. Her body ached as she tried to move, but she could just make out where she was from the ceiling. 

The Phantomhive Manor.

Her heart pace quickened as she soon realised what had happened before she had woken up...

It was Ciel, he was the one who embraced her before she fell unconscious. It was suddenly all becoming clear. 

The horses, the flames, the portal... 

Her blood.

She could just about turn her head to the left, Seeing the earl sitting on a chair, his elbow propped up on the chair's arm, his head resting on top of his fist.

 His eye was closed. 

Y/N could here his gentle breathing; in, out, in, out... It was calming.

She took a moment to think. She needed to thank Sebastian again for assisting her, she needed to thank Ciel for being there for her and here now in fact, and...

Arthur.

"A-Arthur..." She croaked, remembering that he had gone to help Alfred, when she realised what may have possibly happened to him, "N-no!"

Ciel's eye shot open as he heard Y/N voice call out, quickly jumping to her bedside.

"Y/N, you're okay! You're alright thank goodness..."

"Arthur- where's," she cringed as she felt pain shoot through her head, "where's Arthur?"

"I- we don't know Y/N..."

"G-God damn it!" Y/N cried in frustration sitting up, even though it pained her, "He better be alright..."

Ciel's lip tightened as he saw the girl he had grown in attachment to break out in a cry, cringing and shaking in pain. 

"Y/N lie down now!" He ordered forcefully, "I don't want to see you get hurt anymore!"

"What do you care?!" Y/N shouted, feeling a new emotion of anger and resentment, fresh tears beginning to pour out of her eyes, "I thought I was just an acquaintance to you, perhaps just another colleague with benefits! A-Arthur's in trouble, a-and I can't get to him..."

"Just stop it about Arthur will you?! We don't know where he is, you won't be able to get to him witho-"

Y/N, with the remaining strength she had, ripped off her choker and bandages, revealing her contract seal and the scratches and scars all over her arms. She began to sob, "Arthur! I-I order you to come to my side now! Arthur!!! I need you! My b-bandages need changing...."

Ciel could only watch as he remembered how he had felt when Sebastian had left him.((let's just pretend he didn't lose that part of his memory in season 1/2)) 

But it could easily be told that Arthur meant something to Y/N. The way she called for him, it was so desperate, a call of... Longing. 

And her arms.

Ciel could clearly see that it wasn't a rash up her arms, there were scars messily decorating her shaky arms, and the lines from the jewellery burns... They were proceeding to grow further up her arms.

She had lied to him.

Things were starting to piece together. That day after the attack of the multiple beasts in London. She was there. She had sent the monster back using the Sabre of Return. Just as she did with the shadow demon stallions. And the store that he had traced the beasts from... That was owned by the tailor whom made Y/N's dresses.