Chapter 8: To Finish an Awkward Day

Ciel's POV

I feel so embarrassed.

After what she just said.... Y/N, just said.... I covered my face with my hands as I leaned against the hallway wall. 

Actually, on second thought, I don't know how I feel. Why do I feel this way all of a sudden? I need to be the professional Queen's guard dog again. Yes.

I quickly hurried to my study, trying to fight the rare blush. 

I would have to face her again, she was to be a guest for several days for goodness sake!!

Once I got to my study, I sat in my chair and finished some half-done papers to clear my mind of the awkward conversation I had had with Y/N.

 I ended up doing so for the rest of the time, until Sebastian walked in, telling me that lunch was ready.

Oh dear, dear god.

Time to face Y/N again.

----------------------------------------------
Y/N's POV

Time to face Ciel again.

I was so embarrassed, no words could describe it. I followed Arthur as he lead me to the dining room, and spotted the Earl sitting at the far end of the table.

 He wasn't looking at me, rather, he was looking at the table.

What have I done?

I quietly sat down and Arthur swiftly set down the meal on the table.

It was quiet, very quiet. Neither Ciel or I had made eye contact, clearly too embarrassed to do so.
I quickly finished the meal, which was in fact very nice, and was set to go back to my room, when Ciel spoke.

"Y/N may I speak to you in my study please?"

"Yes my lord." I replied rather sheepishly, dipping my head slightly and hurried to my room.

----------------------------------------------
Arthur's POV

There's something wrong with Y/N.... She seems a little flustered up for some reason, and that's not how she usually is. Come to think of it, she was like this after I had gone to help Sebastian with the setting up of lunch, leaving her alone with the earl....

Wait...
Wait a minute...

That Ciel Phantomhive didn't do anything to her did he?! He better not have! I rushed after Y/N and met her in the guest room.

"Mistress, I sense something wrong, you've been acting strangely, is there anything the matter?" I asked.

"Anything the matter? No, nothing..."

"There is isn't there!!" 

"I j-just said no Arthur!!"

"You stuttered! Milady I demand you tell me right away, as your butler and companion!" Something was DEFINITELY wrong. She blushed. BLUSHED.

"It's nothing Arthur-"

I grabbed her shoulders firmly and looked her in the eyes. I was going to find out. If that Ciel brat did ANYTHING to her...

"Y/N. Be truthful."

Then she told me.

And I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm such a terrible butler.

Oh well.
----------------------------------------------
3rd person

Y/N walked into the study after telling Arthur off for laughing at her misfortune. Ciel looked up at her out his head on his fist.

"Y/N-"