Chapter 13: A Demon Butler and A Demon Master

3rd person

Y/N shuffled through the bustling crowds, looking for her acquaintance, Lord Phantomhive. Arthur lead the way, holding Y/N's hand to keep her close, and soon they found themselves at the front of the immense audience, where Ciel stood, Sebastian by his side. The young master held a pair of gold scissors in his hands, and positioned it so that the ruby red ribbon which stretched across the gate entrance of the garden, sat in between the blades of the scissors. 

"Ciel! Sebastian!" Y/N shouted, though just quiet enough not to draw too much attention, "we're awfully sorry that we're a few minutes late, the streets have been a little busy due to the garden opening."

"I'm just glad you could make it Y/N. Sebastian has set up something pleasant for us beyond the garden gates, I hope you do enjoy it," Ciel smiled charmingly, obviously in a state of show for the public, "I've been asked to officially open the gates as a guest- moreover, I had bought a part of this garden too."

"I see. Well you must've brought your business to even higher grounds than it was when I first met you Ciel; buying garden areas and being invited as a special guest to open the gates of a public event like this. You've definitely grown in popularity too, as well as height may I add." Y/N chuckled quietly, looking up at the taller boy who was once as short as her.

"To be honest, I haven't always seen you as one for humour Y/N," Ciel said looking down at her and meeting her gaze, "though I must say I quite prefer this semi-serious, semi-humorous side of you."

"I'm glad you think so Ciel, because I'm attempting to bring back the old me..." Y/N said, turning away from his gaze and to the crowd.

"I see."

Ciel looked at Y/N again, before holding the scissors a little higher for the public to see.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this opening event. I, Ciel Phantomhive, owner of the Funtom Company, am proud to present to you," he finally pulled his hands together, bringing the blades of the scissors to slice the ribbon neatly in half, "the London Gardens!"

The crowd cheered and clapped, happy faces filled the area, there were places in the garden for all ages, the rich, the poor. People were ecstatic.

Y/N stood beside Ciel along with a few other nobles, and watched as the gates flooded with people, hurrying into the garden and park. 

"Arthur, do you have somewhere to be?" Y/N asked as she looked up at her butler who seemed to be looking around profusely, "you look a little agitated."

"Actually I do. Alfred's having a little trouble at the store on the high street, and he's asked if I could assist him get rid of a few pests."

"Well hurry off then! I wouldn't want Alfred dealing with such nuisances alone, two demons are better than one after all!" Y/N said, shooing her butler off.

"Thank you Milady," Arthur said bowing to his mistress, before taking off, "I'll return soon!"

Y/N waved to her butler before turning around, ending up face to face with Sebastian (more or less anyway, you were considerably shorter than him). She jumped back in surprise, tripping in the process. The demonic butler swiftly caught her by the waist, stopping her fall, and looked into her eyes as if he was searching for something.

"Are you okay Lady Y/N?" He said formally, still burning his gaze into her eyes, "one moment your butler is gone and you're falling all about."

"I-I'm fine Sebastian," Y/N said, standing up straight again, her waist still wrapped by Sebastian's arm, she couldn't help but turn slightly red from the closeness, "I was just a little surprised..."