Chapter 27: Reflection

A/N: WhEEZE gUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN-

As I promised, I'm writing a new chapter to feed your hungry souls... even though I barely remember any trace of plot ideas I had for this story lmao but we move

¤¤¤

Y/N's hand gently grasped Ciel's slim arm as they walked, her eyes wandering here and there, enchanted by the scenery surrounding them. A smile appeared on in her face, full of joy and amusement. Little did she know that Ciel only had eyes for her, bringing a slight upturn to the corner of his mouth to see her so happy.

The sound of young children playing, people chattering and birds tweeting amongst the trees filled the sweet air. Y/N stopped suddenly, surprising Ciel, who had paid little attention to anything but Y/N.

"Hm? What's wrong?" He asked, peeling his gaze from Y/N to see a lake before him, "ah."

Y/N was looking at a small but inviting boat, tied to the bank of the lake, two oars laid inside of it. 

"Ciel, wouldn't it be nice if we could take a boat to the water? Wouldn't that be wonderful?" Y/N brought her hands totether to her chest as she imagined the scene in glee, "It's been so long since I've been on a boat of any sort."

"Then let's go," Ciel gently led Y/N towards the said little boat, a small, proud smile on his face, "I'm hoping neither of us will fall into the water."

Y/N reluctantly followed, "but... this isn't our boat is it?"

Ciel's smile only got bigger, "it is in fact our boat, my lady. I had already bought this boat earlier."

Y/N's hesitant frown immediately changed into a face of excitement. Ciel carefully stepped into the boat, causing it to rock slightly, then held out a hand to Y/N, who took it almost immediately, and followed his steps.

However, the boat rocked again, violently from side to side.

"Ah!" Y/N yelped as she began to lose balance, her heart racing, "Ciel!"

Just as she had called his name, the Phantomhive had wrapped his arms around his beloved, and sat down onto one of the seats of the boat, pulling her down with him, and into his lap. The boat soon began to stabilise once again, the water below, calming from the frenzy.

"Are you alright Y/N?" Ciel asked, loosening his hold on her waist.

She could feel his breath on her neck, reminding her of their close proximity- she blushed heavily, beginning to stand.

"I'm a little shaken," she laughed as she  shuffled to the opposite chair to face him, "thank you for saving me from falling into the water so soon."

Feeling Y/N leave his touch caused him to redden too as he realised how he had liked her being so close, "ah- of course. So.. shall we get going?"

Y/N nodded, and Ciel consequently began to untie the rope from the bank, Y/N picking up the two oars, and placing them in their holders.

"I've... never paddled a boat before," Y/N said sheepishly, "how about you Ciel?"

Ciel puffed his chest, "Well luckily for you I've had a little experience." he said, although Y/N wasn't entirely reassured by the 'little experience' he mentioned, but she breathed a laugh at his pride.

"Go on then sir," she passed the handles of the oars to her beloved, "where's the destination?"

Ciel grinned, "That's a secret for now."

Y/N laughed as she relaxed back, looking up at the blue sky above - she hadn't felt this happy in a long time. She  gazed back down at Ciel to find him staring. They held eye contact for just a moment before Ciel turned his head to the oars in his hands, clearing his throat, his cheeks dusted pink. He hadn't fully grasped the fact that Y/N was now his.

She looked beautiful- the centre of his view amongst the glistening water of the lake, the golden sun enveloping her lovely visage. How had he managed to convince her to be his?

He pushed the oars and the boat began to glide further into the lake, the sound of the soft splash of water beneath them. Y/N peeked down to the water, where she could see a school of fish sparkling. Curious, she removed the glove from her right hand, revealing all the old wounds she had gathered over the course of her life, and dipped it into the cool water as the boat moved. The fish dispersed, shooting in every direction.

"Ciel," Y/N quietly said, looking up at him, "I've been thinking..."

"Yes, Y/N?" He replied, cocking his head slightly.

Y/N took her hand out of the water and shook it off slightly before taking her handkerchief out to wipe it dry, "Our lives.. we could be together forever... you're alright with that, right?"

Ciel scoffed lightly, "well of course. Why wouldn't I be?" He placed the oars down and gently took her hands in his, "I'm dedicated to you Y/N. I will be by your side for the rest of eternity."

Y/N smiled, laughing to herself, "oh wow... I still havent quite grasped it all yet."

"Well.. me neither, but we'll take it day by day," Ciel leant forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "things arent going to be easy, but knowing how we've managed to make it to this point, I know we'll be okay."

"Yeah. You're right."

"Y/N, I.. I wanted to ask you something," Ciel's eyes wandered off to the water to the left of him as he leant back, "I wanted to ask you if you'd like to get engaged."

Y/N perked up at the question, "what?" She could barely contain her growing grin.

"Sorry I.. couldn't get you a ring or anything like that," Ciel sheepishly laughed, "given our situation but.. maybe we could sign a contract?"

Y/N let out an unladylike snort before wrapping her hands around her mouth- she could see Ciel holding back a laugh too.

"A contract? Really? How ironic-" Y/N laughed, "Is this where I actually call you master Ciel?"

Ciel shook his head, "I'm kidding Y/N!" His face going red.

"Ciel, I'd love to be engaged to you."

"Thank you Y/N. For everything."

Y/N took the chance to steal a sweet, warm kiss, surprising him. He lifted his hands to hold her delicate face as they embraced one another.

"I love you Y/N."

----------------

Smth short to semi conclude this story..

:)

It was suggested before if I could hand the story off to a second writer so.. if anyone wants to take on the plot and make a sequel? Feel free!! Just shoot me a message and let me know :))

-author chan