Chapter 22: All for her

Ah... So much editing needs to be done >_> and I feel like I need to change Y/N's personal maid's name too, does anyone know Nyo!Italy's human name???

Also, I feel like all these extra characters I made are a bit pointless? Except from Arthur of course- but idk...

Anyway, let's get to this chapter!

•••

Y/N's POV

I sat at my desk, staring at my papers intensely. I couldn't write anything due to my injuries, and it was annoying me. I had to personally sign and write these assessments and whatnot, so I couldn't call Arthur to be my hand for me.

What makes things worse, was that I had a lot of work to catch up on due to the past few days of troubles and problems.

To be completely honest, all of this work had completely slipped away from my mind.

And now- because of Cordelia, I still couldn't be of any use, and am forced to reschedule work for another day.

I sigh in frustration and glare at my bandaged hand which lay lamely on my desk.

"Why now of all times..." I whined, looking back at the papers which sat in front of me.

"Glaring at your papers with that death stare of yours won't make then go away you know," I looked up to see Arthur at my study door, his arms crossed, "I told you to read them so you know exactly what you have to write when your hand is able again."

"What happened to knocking on the door?" I rolled her eyes, "and I've already read them through twice, I'm currently reading them for the third time- I think I know what I must do already."

"If you say so Y/N." Arthur sighed, walking towards me, "not to intrude or anything-"

"Arthur, please," I looked at him knowingly, smiling slightly, "don't you mean you do mean to intrude."

"... Okay, yes, I do mean to intrude," Arthur shook his head, chuckling, "have you decided what your next move will be with the young Earl?"

"Phantomhive? No... Not really... I still don't know if he has told Lizzy yet. And if he has, well... I think she may hate me very much now," Y/N faced the book shelf to her left in guilt, "I feel so bad...maybe if he hasn't told her yet, I could say take back my words and stop him from telling Lizzy..."

"Lady Y/N L/N are you really doubting your decision now? If you truly have feelings for the Earl Phantomhive, then you must follow them! I believe he may be a good influence on you."

"Does he know that I will live as long as a demon Arthur?" Y/N suddenly remembered, "he... He's a demon now... But he's probably expecting me to die off some time in the future."

Arthur shook his head, "stop thinking of ways all of this could go wrong Y/N, there are so many ways this could go right! If you told him that you can live as long as he, then things would be sorted, correct?"

"But what about the companies and repu-"

"Oh for goodness sake Y/N, do those things really matter more than your feelings for the Earl? You'll be living a long life Y/N, you have plenty of time to rebuild those things."

A knock could be heard from the door, and one of the maids, Natalia, peered inside, "Mistress Y/N, someone from the Phantomhive household has called."

"Thank you Natalia," Y/N nodded at the maid, "Arthur can you go and pick it up?"

"Of course Y/N-"