Chapter 3: Declarations and Discussions

Y/N looked out of the carriage window at the almost intimidatingly magnificent mansion before her. The Phantomhive Manor. It was near exactly 9:00, since Arthur liked for her to keep to her schedule tightly, for things to turn out as they expect; according to Arthur anyway. As the carriage stopped, a tall, slender man with raven black hair and peculiar red eyes dressed in a butler's attire strolled up to the carriage, greeting Arthur as he got off the driver's seat, then looking at Y/N through the window. He flashed a smile, which oddly, didn't feel real. Arthur fetched Y/N from the carriage, leading her down to the ground carefully as usual.

Y/N was dressed in one of her finer outfits, a fair amount of frills and bows, but not too many so it would spoil the look of the F/C dress. She wore cream tights, gloves of the same kind of colour and light F/C heeled shoes on her feet. A flower decorated hat was perfectly placed on her head, a side veil dropping down like a waterfall, hair kept to the side in thick waves. However, there were no signs of jewellery in sight.

"A pleasure to meet you Lady LN," said the butler, bowing, a hand on his chest, "I am Sebastian Michaelis, Lord Phantomhive's butler. Please follow me, I shall lead you both to my master's study where he is waiting. One of the servants will look after the horse and carriage, so no need to fret. Everything will be taken care of whilst your short stay here at the manor."

He spun on his heel and began to lead Y/N and Arthur past a wonderful garden, and into the manor. Once Y/N entered, she could see a gigantic hall, stairs at the back. Sebastian continued to lead them up these main stairs, up the left staircase and into a corridor. A few doors down from here, they came to a stop. Sebastian knocked on the hard wooden door.

"Come in." Said a voice, a voice of a boy, from inside the room.
Sebastian opened the door quietly, holing out a hand into the room, gesturing for the guests to enter. Y/N nodded her head at Sebastian in thanks, walking into the study, followed closely by Arthur. Sebastian then closed the door heavily, attending to his master's side.

Y/N curtsied at the boy sitting behind the wooden mahogany desk.
"Good morning milord, I am Y/N L/N, co-owner of the 'Blood Jewels' company. This here, is my butler Arthur, don't mind him, he tends to follow me a lot."

She lifted her head as she ended her sentence, getting a good look at the boy- Ciel Phantomhive. He was short, though not as short as she was, but sat up straight. He had bluish-grey hair and a striking blue eye- however, he wore a black eyepatch over his right eye. She wondered what may have happened to it. He had a stern look on his face, one that was ready for formal business. He was a rather handsome young boy she must say.

"Take a seat," he suggested, though it sounded like an order, "I suppose we have some matters to discuss."

Y/N obeyed and carefully took a seat in the comfy chair across from Ciel. Arthur and Sebastian briefly looked at each other, no emotion on either of their faces.

"Milord, milady, Arthur and I will take our leave for now to prepare lunch, which shall be in the garden." said Sebastian, starting to leave, followed by Arthur, "one of us will retrieve the two of you later."

Arthur caught Y/N's eye for a moment, before closing the door after him. She stared at the door until she was interrupted by Ciel's voice.

"Lady L/N? Shall we start?"
Y/N turned her attention back to Ciel, a little startled.
"O-oh, yes, yes, let's start..."
"Would you like to tell me a little about your family over a game of chess?"

The girl nodded, looking at Ciel, tightening her lips slightly. Ciel stood up and picked up a box on one of the shelves, bringing it back to the desk. He opened the box and swiftly set up the game, him with the black pieces and Y/N with the white. And so they began.