"fifteen"

❛ monstrous. ❜

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲. After he had found the boy in his niece's bed, he dramatically kicked Liam out of the loft, shouting curse words and threats along the way as Nova cringed inwardly at being caught in such a compromising position by her relative.

Ever since the blonde was born, he had a protective nature over the girl. He didn't know whether that was because he practically raised the teen or because she was blood. But he found himself having a specific soft spot for her, even going as far to say he had a more heartfelt connection with Nova than his own daughter. But the man couldn't help it, he had always promised both Derek and Morgan he would look after their pup, and that's what he planned on doing.

The Hale girl had been grounded and her phone confiscated. And for the first time since she began to speak, she couldn't manage to talk her way out of it. Her parents had yet to return from their dealings with the Deadpool, which meant she had to listen to the older man when he commanded her to go to bed once Liam had sheepishly left.

The next morning, Nova finally decided to confront the man on what he saw, as the last thing she wanted was for it to get out and her dad find out as if it did, the Dunbar teen was a dead man walking. She had gotten ready rather quickly, deciding to wear something comfortable as she wasn't allowed to leave the house, or so she thought she wasn't.

As she walked into the living room down, she quickly spotted Peter slipping his shoes on. Confusion filled her mind as she surely wasn't being left alone, but she was soon proven wrong once the man threw her converse in her direction and stated they met in the car. Nova huffed under her breath in annoyance once the two were on the roads. All she wanted to do was text Liam and Mason, and the thought of them thinking she was ignoring them didn't sit right with her.

"I have a question! Who the hell made you in charge?" The girl suddenly asked once they had pulled up to the police department after a short ride filled with silence until Peter instructed the girl to get out of the car.

"Look. If you're going to bitch and moan about me, do it on your own time! The sheriff needs you at the station. They've got the benefactor, and I don't know about you, but I want my money back." The man replied groggily before slamming his car door and making his way into the building.

Nova debated not following him to prove a point but decided against the pettiness and unhappily made her way in after him after a few seconds. She quickly spotted Lydia and the Stilinski father once inside and soon rushed over to them when she noticed Parish and an unknown girl occupied the sheriff's office.

"Nova, that is Meredith Walker, the benefactor," Noah spoke out as he looked over the teen who had tried to be assassinated only a few days ago. The blonde felt nervous being that close to the woman who created the hit list, and it seemed like the two noticed as they were quick to continue.

"We need you to use your... magic on her. She won't talk to us." Lydia pleaded as she had been there all night and was starting to get desperate. The Hale girl didn't have it in her to deny the redheads request, as even though her powers were fading by the day, she wanted to help.

Peter was reluctant to let the girl into the room, but his selfish side got the better of him once he remembered all the money she had stolen and quickly sent the teen in. Once situated inside the small room, the air suddenly felt tight around the teen. It felt like Meredith was staring into her soul from across the room, so to distract her from the discomfort she felt, she quickly swallowed her fears and spoke up.

"You know I don't blame you for not speaking. Even I get sick of hearing my voice." Nova clumsily spoke out as she crossed her arms in nervousness. She had yet to tell anyone about her disappearing supernatural ability and was trying to stall for as long as possible. Both Parish and Noah seemed puzzled by the statement, but the confusion soon increased once the blonde moved from standing between the two to sit on the couch next to the girl. Nova kept her space, but she needed to get closer if she wanted even to attempt her siren powers.

"You know, I should thank you. I couldn't finish my art project due to the latest murder, which is a blessing in disguise, really, as Vincent van Gogh would surely turn in his grave if he ever saw my drawings."

The room was silent at the girls rambling. Meredith only looking utterly perplexed at what the person opposite was saying. With a sigh at realising she had to expose herself, the girl slowly faced the teen before looking at her.

"Lydia said you want to help us. If you do want to help us, please, just talk." Nova quietly asked before turning away in embarrassment at what was to come. But once the timid voice of Meredith was heard, all heads turned to her at her statement.

"I do. But only to one person. Peter. Peter Hale." The dark-haired banshee stuttered out as she looked intently at the Hale decent.

But it wasn't what the girl said that shocked her. It was that Meredith spoke in the first place. As when Nova tried to use her siren skills, the rim of the girl's eyes didn't glow, which meant that she shouldn't have followed her command at all. It could only mean one thing - Nova had officially lost her powers.

o. 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞: 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞.