"thirty two"

❛ baby fever. ❜

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐀 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩, 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧; 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. The sensation was different for everyone; for some, it was what they felt in their chest when they heard their favourite song play on the radio, or when they see their significant other walk down the aisle for the first time, for others, it was the cry of their newborn baby.

Something in particular that Nova hadn't experienced before, but it was what woke her up from her deep slumber after the accident at the school. Blinking slowly, her eyesight was foggy and her throat felt as dry as the Sahara desert. However, all she could seem to focus on was the constant fussing of what sounded like a baby.

After a few minutes of thinking she was dreaming, Nova finally decided to fully open her eyes, only to quickly squeeze them shut once the bright fluorescent lights made them burn harshly. But she was determined to find out where she was and what the constant noise is so sitting up quickly she bit the bullet and looked around.

The hospital room was standard; slightly on the bigger size but like any usual room in the huge building. It took the blonde a couple of seconds to come to her senses, but once she did she began to cough loudly when she tried to open her mouth to speak to the nurse who faced the opposite way.

"Hey, sleepy head. Here take this." Melissa was quick to pour the younger girl a glass of water and help her bring it up to her chapped lips. Something which Nova gulped down gratefully as she felt like she could finally talk - something which she loved to do.

"What happened?" The Hale teen pondered as she couldn't remember anything past hitting her head in the girl's bathroom which seemed like an eternity ago. The McCall mother was quick to open her mouth to speak, but she was soon cut off by the one man Nova didn't know if she wanted to see or not.

"You fainted Novie. Knocked your head pretty badly, but Melissa said you'll be just fine... I swear the women in this family are trying to give me a heart attack."

Derek Hale stood by the door, a bright smile adorned his face and a tiny baby was wrapped tightly in his arms. The blonde almost bolted out of her bed, but the IV in her arm soon stopped her and prompted her father to make the short few steps and make himself comfortable next to her.

The newborn wigged slightly at the movement but soon settled down once Nova had shushed him and stroked his head from where she sat. Looking brightly into her father's eyes, she waited for the confirmation she needed which was soon given to her.