"twenty three"

❛ the summer before the storm. ❜

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫. After the events of Mexico, the rest of Nova's freshman year had passed by rather quickly. It being extremely uneventful and for the first time in a long time, the girl felt normal.

Liam had yet to reveal to his girlfriend the secret of her being his anchor, something which both Derek and Stiles had thankfully kept from the teen due to them knowing it wasn't their place to say.

But apart from that, she had a fantastic boyfriend, whose best friend she had become extremely close with as the trio spent nearly every day together in the sun of Beacon Hills that shone above them. And on top of that, she had a little brother on the way, which meant that the Hale family had finally moved out of their rundown loft and into a proper home ready for a newborn to be brought into.

The house was large. A white picket fence surrounded it, and a big backyard enclosed the pool that Nova currently sat beside, watching Liam and Mason play around in. Derek was proud of what he had bought, making it as homey as possible for his daughter and pregnant wife.

Her parents had gone away to visit her aunt Cora for the week before Morgan became too heavily pregnant to fly. Something which the teen was invited to but declined as she would've missed her first few days of sophomore year. Due to her absent parents, the teen boys were quick to invite themselves over for sleepovers, the duo both sleeping in the spare room as Nova didn't dare go against her dad's wishes, especially when he had been so good at letting them stay over whilst alone.

From where she lay on the lounge chair, Nova watched Mason haul himself out of the pool, drying off only slightly before making his way into the house through the large patio doors.

"Do you want anything from the fridge, Nove?" The boy asked, stopping for only a second before continuing into the kitchen after her decline. The blonde took this opportunity to slip back into the pool.

Liam watched his girlfriend was a smile, his broad chest and toned abs soon pressing against the girl. The twos breaths mixed at the close contact, eating up the tension that had arisen at the lack of clothing they both wore.

"Hi." The boy spoke out gently once his baby blue eyes locked with his girlfriends. And after what felt like hours, he finally began to lean in, his eyes fluttering shut. But it seemed like Nova had other plans as just as their lips were about to touch, she quickly emerged herself into the water, pushing back a couple of feet.

"You're such a tease." Liam huffed out once the blond had reemerged, gigging. But the boy loved a challenge, so with a gleam of mischievousness in his eyes, the wolf pounced.

Their lips finally met, hands flying to wherever they could grab at. Nova soon tangled her fingers in his slightly grown out hair whilst the boys slowly moved from his girl's hips down to grasp at her ass heavily. The motion made the blonde gasp somewhat as he was never too brave with PDA. But with his best friend finally gone for a while, he decided to shoot his shot.

As her lips opened slightly at the shock, Liam took this as his opportunity to place delicate kisses from the corner of her mouth, down to the soft spot he knew she loved getting sucked on her neck. The teen bit gently at now bruised skin, and Nova was in too much bliss to notice him move his hands to push her legs around his waist.

It was when her back softly touched the edge of the pool that she finally opened her eyes. Slowly placing the blonde on the ledge, Liam soon slotted himself between her legs so he could stand in front of her. The two smiled at each other brightly once both comfortable. And just as they went to lean again was when Mason made his reappearance.

"Nova, you've got to tell me where your mom gets this juice. It's - Ew!" The boy suddenly stopped once he looked up from the carton he was drinking out of and spotted his two best friends in such a compromising position.

Liam practically launched himself off his girlfriend, Nova quickly standing up to grab a towel in hopes of excusing herself for a shower to avoid the awkwardness that would surely occur. The blonde didn't make eye contact with the smirking boy as she rushed into her house. Taking an extra long shower in hopes that the encounter would be forgotten about when she was done.

When finished getting the chlorine out of her hair, what she didn't expect to see once she had changed into something more comfortable and made her way back downstairs was her living room full of teens.

The pack sat there on the many couches which filled the room. The large TV already loading up a horror film the Stilinski boy had brought over.

"I gave you the key for emergencies." Nova huffed out as she sat down next to Liam, who gave her a sheepish smile before wrapping his arm around her tightly.

"Well, we have an emergency," Stiles replied, shoving more popcorn into his mouth as Malia did the same. Kira was still in New York with her family, leaving Scott rather lonely on the beanbag, but he soon perked up once the blonde had thrown him a bag of skittles to munch on.

"What is it?" The girl asked, tucking her feet under her in hopes she would warm up from the cold shower she had just taken.

"...We missed you?" Was what the sarcastic teen answered before shushing the group when the opening credits began to roll. Nova rolled her eyes at his half-ass response as she knew the older teens of the group were feeling somewhat nostalgic at the fact they were going into their senior year, and they soon wouldn't be able to do things like movie nights as a pack.

Lydia was quick to grab the lights before making her way beside Mason. The screams of the first scare echoing throughout the room.

The scene in front of her made Nova feel genuinely at peace. She was tucked securely into her boyfriend's side, her friends surrounding her in her family home. Nothing in that moment could ruin it - She just hoped the next year to come wouldn't change that.

o. 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭.