"twelve"

❛ stepdaddy mccall. ❜

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐬' 𝐛𝐞𝐝

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐬' 𝐛𝐞𝐝. But once she had remembered that she had stayed the night after his scare over the Deadpool, the girl had calmed down massively and quickly gotten ready for the dreaded school day she was about to encounter.

Luckily Nova hadn't had any messages of her whereabouts as to where she stayed the previous night as the blonde had texted her mom as soon as she woke up stating that she had headed to Stiles so he could 'help her study' - something which she'd never do as the boy annoyed her like a brother.

Another positive thing was that she didn't have to sneak out the back door like she assumed she would have to as Liam's mom and stepdad had headed to work earlier that morning which meant that soon enough, the two teens were walking into school.

People stared at the duo as the wandered the crowded halls, and Nova would've snapped at them, but she soon noticed they weren't judging their looks but instead intently looking at the two's intertwined hands. Nova saw the boy next to her was flinching at any sudden noise and seemed extremely scared of what could come round the corner and potentially hurt him any minute, and it made her feel sad, sad that his life had gone from normal to potential death at any minute.

This promptly made the girl squeeze his hand tighter, but before she could reassure him that he would be safe for the time being, Mason immediately came round a corner of the busy hallways and came right up to the supernatural duo.

"Liam! Nova! Hey! Am I going to see you two at the bonfire tonight?" The boy questioned while being oblivious to them holding hands.

"Uh, I'm thinking about skipping it..." Liam stated as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

The nerves he felt since waking up were still deeply rooted within his stomach, and the only thing that seemed to calm him down was the smooth hand tightly wrapped around his own that would every so often glide over his knuckle whenever his heart rate seemed to spike up in anxiousness of the thought of the Deadpool.

"You're not skipping." Both Nova and Mason said simultaneously, which made them both smile at each other knowingly.

Liam only groaned out in annoyance when his best friend explained how he had to have at least one gay team member on the lacrosse team that he could hook him up with, but mid groan, the boy seemed to freeze as he looked down the hallway. Luckily Mason didn't notice his friend's distant behaviour, but Nova did, and once she saw that there was nothing unusual lingering where Liam had just looked like he had seen a ghost, she politely got rid of the Hewitt boy and swiftly dragged the other boy to a more secluded area of the school.

"Where are we going?" Liam asked once he had let the small but strong blonde guide him around the school, but unknown to him, Nova had been going around in one large circle to try and calm the boys racing thoughts of the impending enemy.

"You have a Lacrosse meeting before we head to science," Nova huffed out once she had stopped just outside of the boy's locker room which was filling up with teen boys - nearly all of them saying some greeting to the popular girl.

"Wait, you can't leave me. I can't do this without you," The boy pleaded once Nova had begun to move away from him. The Hale girls heart broke slightly at how much the berserkers and benefactor had affected him as she knew it was affecting his mental stability. So she soon began to doubt herself wanting him to go to the party tonight.

But she dismissed the thought and quickly promised him that she would be waiting just outside the locker room and press a light kiss to his lips before gently pushing him into the room.

"I'd be a great therapist," Nova mumbled to herself once she had sat on some empty stairs and began to pick at her chipped nail polish slightly. Thankfully, the teen didn't have to wait long for the boy as in under ten minutes later, Liam was soon enough right next to her and trying to distract himself from his intrusive thoughts by tugging on his lacrosse stick.

A few moments went by until Nova had had enough of the constant noise of the rope being pulled, so she quickly grabbed Liam's hands from where she sat next to him and promptly set the sports equipment down next to her before facing him. Without hesitation, the blonde touched her lips to his, followed by a shiver from Liam.

Both his hands swiftly went to either side of the girl's waist, and a firm hold was placed on the girl as if she was to disappear into thin air. Nova's hands slipped into the teen's hair before settling around the longer stands on the back of his neck, which brought a low groan from the back of Liam's throat along with goosebumps that covered his body.

Even though the kiss seemed innocent, the two were just happy that the small side stairwell they sat on was empty as they surely wouldn't hear the end of their 'first make-out' if somewhere were to catch them. Surprisingly it was Liam who brushed his tongue against the girl's lips, and just as she was about to do the same, a loud cough from behind the two quickly broke the intertwined teens apart.

"Why aren't you two in class!" Scott scolded the two as he looked down from where he stood on the stairs. The older werewolf did not look happy, as even though he had suspicions about the two seeing each other, he didn't like seeing them kissing as he cared about them both deeply and didn't want to see either one of them get hurt.

"It's not my fault studying isn't my main priority," Nova mumbled out as she tried to create as much distance between herself and Liam as possible due to her not wanting him to see how bright her face had gone because of her blushing. When Scott began to talk, Nova had finally burst from all the awkwardness she felt, which swiftly made her cut the wolf off.

"Scott, we are not having the sex talk right now!"

The small corridor went quiet at the girl's revelation. Liam looked anywhere other than the two supernaturals, and just as the McCall boy was about to speak up, yet, again, it was coach Finstock who created an uproar.

The three were fast to make it across the hall and look into the teacher's office, and that's where they saw it. The printer was spurting out a part of the Deadpool list precisely like what had happened at Liam's the previous night. After Scott had picked up one of the papers from the floor, he examined it next to the one Liam had just given him, and what the two concluded made Nova feel sick.

"You see the difference? Derek's not on the list anymore. And I'm not worth three million. It's eighteen now. Eighteen million dollars," The Dunbar boy almost whispered as he looked at the blonde girl to see how she would react to her father not being on the list anymore.

But Nova didn't scream or deny the fact that both her dad and the boy she liked had changed statuses on the Deadpool. She did what she did best - she avoided the elephant in the room at all costs.

"Well, I'm gonna go take a history test, which will surprisingly be a lot more pleasant than this encounter."

o. 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬.