"nine"

❛ weaponized. ❜

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭!" Sheriff Stilinski groaned out in annoyance at what seemed like the tenth time that morning

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭!" Sheriff Stilinski groaned out in annoyance at what seemed like the tenth time that morning. Nova was alone today as the PSAT tests were going on, which meant the girl had no one to hang out with.

She would've spent the day with her parents. But Derek was at the hospital with Braeden, who had been accidentally shot by assassins, something the Hale family was upset about as the women had become a close family friend.

The girl's mother was still awol, but Nova didn't question it again as she trusted her dad when he said that his wife was fine. This meant that the only available person was Sheriff Stilinski, well that was until later on when she was meeting up with Liam to see how he was doing after the attack on him the other night. Stiles father did like the younger girl very much, but when she began to question him on his love life and then how she could change his appearance so he could get a date, he soon regretted agreeing to let her sit in his office for a few hours to kill time.

"Nova, could you stop insulting me and try to help me with the whole Deadpool situation. You're like a banshee, right. You must have some idea what's going on." Noah sighed as he looked at the board in his office, which had the murder case details. The blonde only rolled her eyes as she took another sip of her coffee as she was nowhere as talented as Lydia.

"I'm a siren, not a banshee. Jeez, do people really not know the difference?" Nova scolded as she stood up from the desk she sat on. As she looked over the crime scene photos again, she took no notice of the phone call the Sheriff had gotten, that was until she was being dragged gently by the arm into his cop car.

The blonde started to panic the closer they got to school as throughout the car journey, the Sheriff didn't know what was going on either. All he knew was that they had to get to the school as soon as possible. Once they had pulled up, Noah jogged over to a woman who looked like she knew what was going on. But once she told the two what they had been called out for, all Nova understood was that there was now a quarantine around the school due to an unknown virus spreading around the students.

Noah noticed the look of worry Nova had and pulled her into a slight hug as he knew how deeply she cared about her pack, who were all inside the school apart from Lydia, who was back at the boathouse.

"Nova, I'm going to be honest with you, I wasn't going to bring you here, but then I found out it was at the school," Noah hurriedly stated once a few minutes had passed of him talking to more officials. The blonde waited a few seconds as she was utterly confused as to what was going on.

"It's your mom, she's inside, and we think this is another assassination on the people who are on the Deadpool." At the revelation of her mother also being in trouble and her pack, Nova made a quick move over to the school doors but was grabbed by Sheriff Stilinski and Lydia, who had just arrived.

"Nova, you need to calm down!" The strawberry-blonde teen pleaded to the girl, who still struggled in her arms. The Siren felt like she couldn't breathe, knowing that nearly everyone she loved could die, and she wasn't doing anything about it.

"I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe!" Nova gasped out as her chest began to feel tighter and tighter. The girl momentarily thought that the assassin's poison had got to her as well, but when she heard Sheriff Stilinski mumble out the words 'Panic attack', she knew that it was all in her head.

The trembling of her hands wouldn't stop even when the older man grabbed onto them tightly. All that went through Nova's mind was that her whole family was in danger, and she was doing nothing about it - again. Due to Nova's confident and bold personality, she had never really felt this emotion of immense panic and anxiety, which was Stiles' forte.

Her family meant everything to her, which meant that neither of her two friends could help her through the first panic attack that she had on the steps just outside of the school. The girl didn't even notice the change of hands that held hers as she hyperventilated, that was until she heard the sound of the one person she desperately needed to see.

"Novie, look at me, baby." Morgan gently asked her daughter as she crouched down before her. The woman and the pack had been saved due to Derek's quick thinking, and once she used her werewolf hearing when she was out of the vault, she sprinted upstairs to find her daughter, whom she hadn't seen in a few weeks.

Nova snapped her head up quickly and launched herself into her mom's arms. The two then hugged each other tightly as Morgan took in her daughter's scent, which calmed down her anger against the now dead assassin immensely. After the twos mini-reunion, they were both able to go home, but the blonde insisted that they pay a visit to Braeden, who was still in the hospital dealing with her injuries beforehand.

As they drove down the dark streets, Nova finally asked her mother where she'd been all these weeks, something which Morgan was slightly nervous about.

"I met your father when I was extremely young, and even though I wouldn't take anything that happened back, having you when I was sixteen turned my future upside down." Morgan started as she tried to get the right wording while focusing on the road in front of her.

"At first, I was worried about leaving you and Der alone, but you both showed me many times you're more than capable of looking after yourselves - which scares me to death half the time. So that's why I decided to go to night school and get my degree so that I could become a music teacher." It all made sense now to Nova. Why her mom had been absent during the night hours and at the weekend.

The closest college was an hour away from Beacon Hills, and the blonde knew how much her mom loved music, especially her cello, as she would tell her daughter the stories of when she and Derek met in the music room while she was playing it.

"Mom, that's awesome!" Nova enthusiastically stated as she practically bounced in her seat. She loved knowing her mom was doing what she loved in life, even with the whole supernatural problems they faced. And it seemed like Nova couldn't control this excitement as once they were at the hospital, she wouldn't stop going on about how cool her mom was to Braeden while her parents stood to the side in each other's arms, watching her lovingly.

But with all the events that had occurred today, the blonde completely forgot she said she'd meet up with Liam, and since she had left her phone at the Sheriff's station, she hadn't got any of his phone calls.

Something that made Liam Dunbar feel like his heart was being broken by a girl he didn't even really know.

o. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬.