"thirty"

❛ dreamcatchers. ❜

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. And she was beginning to panic. Her dad had told her the stories of how once a human is turned; it goes one of two ways. Either they accept the bite, and within twelve or so hours, the wound would heal before the beginning of the transformation starts, or the body would reject the venom which coursed through it, and the victim's body would soon shut down.

It had been forty-nine hours since she had visited Peter. The pain had only worsened over the last few days, and the blood hadn't stopped oozing from the wound, leading the girl to change the bandage every few hours. Luckily, she had been able to hide in the comforts of her empty house, quickly telling the pack she couldn't attend school due to not feeling well.

But it was now time to go back to Beacon Hills High as her dad had soon contacted the girl once he received a call from the school asking about her absence over the last two days. The blonde's parents were due back any day now, and Nova knew she couldn't hide what she had done from them.

Still, she wasn't going to admit what she did until it was physically pried out of her as she had gone against the pack's wishes, who all told her not to go ahead with the transformation- and she hated to upset them, especially her boyfriend who she had kept in the dark the past couple of days.

Liam had been texting the girl almost constantly, asking for updates on her 'illness' she had quickly lied about and put down to cramps. And Nova had replied each time almost immediately. Still, due to her hiding at home, she missed the drama of Tracey Stewart's night terrors and Donovan Donati's brief escape from custody.

Walking up to the school, the girl held onto her wrist tightly. She had declined the offer of a ride from Stiles, opting to make the long journey on foot as she didn't want Malia to smell the distress or blood on her. Nova didn't know how she would keep the secret under wraps, but with her dad on her back for skipping school, she quickly made her way to the building.

The blonde was quick to dip her head as she passed the many students, but unluckily for her, she was quickly spotted by the Hewitt boy, who smiled brightly at the teen before dragging her over to the pack he was new to. They leaned against the jeep, smiling at the girl for the first time in a couple of days before resuming their conversation.

"-she's the night terror. Especially since no one can find her." Stiles continued before the pack jumped back into the matter at hand. However, the girl couldn't seem to focus on the words which came out of their mouths, only being able to concentrate on the thumping in her head and the stinging of her wound; and she soon wished she had stayed at home.

Soon enough, the group had caught onto the girl's sudden change of attitude, and how she didn't immediately make a beeline for her boyfriend's arms sounded alarm bells almost immediately.

"Hey, Nova, you alright?" Scott questioned as he stepped towards the girl whose face had paled in the last few minutes. Even though she hadn't apologised for the harsh words she had said to him all those days ago, he had already forgiven the teen as she was like a little sister to him.

The Hale girl lifted her head at hearing her name, but her eyes couldn't seem to focus on who had voiced it as she quickly stumbled back once she felt her boyfriend's soft and warm hands on her shoulder. But the touch only brought the girl more pain as her body felt like it was on fire.

"I'm not some damsel in distress! Just drop it." Nova quickly spat out before shaking off the boy's hand. With one last look at the pack, the blonde almost stumbled away from them, quickly making her way inside the school before the bell rang. The group looked in worry after the teen, Stiles soon stopping the Dunbar boy from following her as he knew she would bite his head off when she didn't mean to.

"What's wrong with her?" Lydia spoke up after the girl was out of earshot. But what Malia replied soon worried the pack even more.

"She reeks of death."

As much as they wanted the werecoyote's statement to be incorrect, the blonde was proving them wrong as once she had stepped into the large building, the bright lights above her intensified her headache. A few people stopped and stared at the popular girl who had now stumbled down the hall, but to the paranoid teen, she felt like the whole school was watching her.

This soon prompted the girl to rush into the woman's bathroom. Hoping to hide from all the prying eyes of teens now making their way to class. Nova struggled to get over to the sink, just managing to grip the base before she collapsed in pain. She hadn't realised how much energy she had used that morning as, since the bite, she had been taking it easy.

But it seemed as if the walk over had only made things worse, as when she had finally got her balance back slightly, Nova reluctantly checked her wound. The bite mark was oozing a black substance, still raw around the edges from the teeth marks that the uncle had created. The new liquid didn't give much hope to the teen that she was recovering as even though it wasn't blood, she knew this couldn't be good.

"Oh, crap..." Nova mumbled as she pulled her jacket back over the wound, not bothering to rewrap the bite as she knew she would now have to tell someone about her worsening condition. Shakily pulling her phone from her back pocket, she dialled the one boy she wanted, as she didn't think she could move. Liam's number rang twice, but the sudden screeching noise throughout her ears made the girl drop her mobile to the floor.

She could hear the mumble of the teen down the line, the boy becoming extremely worried as all the Dunbar teen could hear was his girlfriend's heavy breathing and a buzzing noise. But the blonde couldn't hear his pleas to ask where she was so he could help. And instead, she had the urge to lift her head to look into the mirror above.

But what she saw brought tears to her eyes. The girl's face was dull, paler than usual. Dark circles were present under her eyes, and her lips were bleeding slightly from how much she had been biting on them over the last few days. However, it wasn't her unusual presentation which scared her; it was her eyes.

The green in them was bright—something which was a juxtaposition to her current state. But it was the bright rim around her irises which shone golden, that shocked her as she hadn't seen the supernatural ability since she was a siren. However, she couldn't look at them for long as they soon rolled into the back of her head without warning.

Nova fainted, hitting her head hard as she fell.

o. 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.