"seventeen"

❛ a promise to the dead. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫. Nova heard about the news through a text from Scott, but instead of relief that washed over, the only emotion she felt was dread.

She and Peter had just gotten back to the loft from their adventures downtown meeting Kate Argent, and the blonde felt like she couldn't breathe. Her uncle had explained to her the plan of getting her supernatural abilities back with the werejaguar's help as she knew the correct way to perform the siren ritual.

The older Hale relative had left out many aspects of his diabolical plan - which included killing Scott McCall - as he knew his niece wouldn't agree to such a thing. But with the more evil details left out, Nova couldn't help but accept the other blonde's support as she desperately missed her powers as without them - she felt like a nobody.

Walking into the loft, the teen still felt numb as she thought about herself becoming a murder. Even if Peter had assured her, it would be in the most humane way possible - something which was another lie. But the girl wasn't a killer, and she sure as hell didn't want to become an outlaw if she was caught. However, she soon dropped her guilt-ridden face, and a giant grin took over once she spotted her mom and dad on the couch, cuddling.

Nova practically sprinted over to the duo, who both huffed out once she had jumped in between the two parents she hadn't seen in a couple of days. The teen breathed in her mom's familiar scent as she dug her face into the crook of her neck once Morgan had pulled her daughter in closer. Derek watched on with love in his eyes at his two girls as he hadn't had them together for a long time due to the Deadpool, something which was thankfully now over. Nova didn't look up from where her head was buried once she heard the retreating footsteps of Peter, as she knew she would get a stern glare from the man in warning not to tell her parents of what had just happened.

"How was the movie?" Derek hummed out as he gently stroked his daughters back in a calming manner. The relatives had to come up with a quick lie once they had gotten a text from the man when they were leaving the sewer asking where they were, and even if Peter wasn't the type to go to a theatre, it was all Nova could think off.

Luckily they bought it, as the two would go full werewolf on the older man if they found out what they had convinced their girl to do. But Nova felt defenceless and slightly lonely when she realised her siren side had disappeared, and her parents had enough on her plate looking after a bunch of teenagers, which meant the secret between herself and the older man was a safe one.

"It was fine. I would've preferred to watch Cheetah Girls, but Peter paid, so he picked the movie." It was a few moments before the blonde replied. Both Morgan and Derek noticed her dismissive response and slightly forced mood but decided against asking her as all the parents wanted was a quiet night snuggling with their daughter.