"six"

❛ i.e.d. ❜

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞? 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞? 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦." This was just one of the many outrages Nova had shouted out in the screaming match she had been having with her father for the last ten minutes.

After she came back from the party at Lydia's lake house, she went straight to sleep until she was rudely awoken by Derek, who began scolding her for going against his wishes.

"You could've been seriously hurt, you know, the Deadpool list has every single supernatural creature on it, including yours!" Her father yelled back to his daughter, who his patience with was hanging on a thin wire. Even though Derek hated shouting at his child, he knew it had to be done as once he found out the killing spree finally had a motive to it - he was even more protective over the girl who had twenty million on her name. The blonde only growled out in frustration at her father as she hated when anyone looked down on her abilities.

"Oh, so it's fair that you get to go out and help the pack, but you expect me to sit at home and twiddle my thumbs? I'm a siren and a badass woman. I know your my dad and all, but sometimes you're a real bitch!" Nova finally ended the heated argument with a middle finger to her dad and a slam of the loft's door as she left for school.

Nova's immense irritation at her overprotective father and seemingly absent mother only fueled the hatred she had for school.  Once she walked into the ugly building, only a scowl was planed on her face, which made everyone in her path move away from the girl who was obviously in a bad mood.

She desperately wanted to express her frustrations to her friends, but she knew the pack would be on Derek's side. So once she spotted the two familiar freshmen working out in the building's gym due to school not officially beginning yet, she quickly walked in and sat herself down on the floor next to them.

"Does this jacket make me look cool?" The blonde blurted out once the two boys noticed her sudden presence. Nova didn't have a filter on what she said which usually led to her asking random questions that were on her mind, and this time it was if her dad's leather jacket she had stole looked nice on her or not.

Liam wasn't paying attention to what Nova's question was and suddenly felt red in the face as he still hadn't spoken to the girl since he found out what she was. Even though he hated to admit it, he still had a crush on her even after everything that had happened the night before. The beta just stared at the girl in slight awe as even though she had little makeup on and looked slightly flushed from her long walk to school - he still thought she looked beautiful.

Luckily Mason was around, and he could tell when his best friend liked someone, so he quickly spoke up for Liam.

"Uh, yeah, totally. You coming to the scrimmage tonight?" He asked as he slightly nudged his best friend, who was still staring from where he sat on the weight machine. Nova enthusiastically nodded. Even though her dad most likely won't let her go, the blonde could easily sneak past Derek as he was currently preoccupied with the whole Deadpool ordeal.

"Good, we need all the support we can get since we're playing Devenford Prep."

But apparently, Liam wasn't aware that he was playing his old school tonight, as he quickly snapped away from staring at Nova and angrily made his way to the boy's locker room to calm down. The blonde sighed as she knew what it was like to be supernatural and go under a lot of stress, so with a quick smile to Mason, she stood up and followed Liam into the locker room without caring if anyone saw her go in.

"I always thought the boy's locker room would be all sexy, but actually, it smells like feet in here."

Liam let out a small laugh at the girl's comment, which made Nova quickly find the boy sitting behind a locker row. The short exchange made the beta think back to when they first met in the hospital and how well they got on, but his laughing soon stopped as he remembered what he was - a werewolf.

"How are you okay with all of this? I'm freaking out!" Liam confessed once Nova had sat next to him on the bench. What surprised him was when he felt the Hale girls' soft hand in his, which then gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"I still not completely okay with it. People get scared easily, they'd see who my father is, and was, and they'd run the other way. But then it's good too, because I learned not to care what other people thought, especially of what my family are." Nova was never one to admit her feelings to anyone other than her parents, but she knew Liam needed a little pep talk in the whole supernatural ordeal and since she'd went through the entire werewolf thing with both her parents, she had quite a lot of knowledge on how to deal with it all.

"You don't need ever to justify the way you feel. And I'm always going to right here, alright?" The blonde continued onto the boy, who felt immensely better since talking to the Hale girl. Liam nodded to Nova, who still tightly held onto his hand and went red in the face again when she pulled him into an awkward side hug from where they sat on the bench.

But their sweet moment was soon interrupted when the werewolf heard a sudden sound from the opposite side of the boy's locker room. Liam soon stood up and went to grab his lacrosse stick as a weapon but was quickly stopped when he couldn't find it.

"What the hell? Where's my stick?"

The quiet noise soon started again, and Liam was beginning to feel angry that his moment with Nova had been ruined. But once the noise revealed itself as Derek Hale, who held the lacrosse stick, Liam let out a growl of irritation while Nova only groaned out at annoyance at her father's appearance at school.

"Get to class, Nova." Derek quietly asked as he didn't want his daughter seeing him and Scott see just how angry the new beta could get. But the blonde was still irritated with her father, so before she made her way out of the locker room, she stood on her tiptoes and planted a small kiss on Liam's cheek.

"See you tonight." She whispered before swiftly leaving the locker room. Unluckily for her, Nova hadn't even realised the time was way beyond her first class, and she walked right into the chemistry lab, which only had two freshmen in - Violet and Garrett.

The couple looked up in shock at the siren as she was on the Deadpool list, and if she had walked in moments ago, she would've seen them inject the wolfsbane into the dagger that they were planning on using on Liam tonight at the game. But Nova never liked chemistry and didn't question the odd yellow substance in the beaker they stood around, and instead looked straight at Violet and smiled.

"Cute necklace."

o. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥