"twenty seven"

❛ overdue visits. ❜

"𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤?"

Stiles Stilinski had taken a rather obvious dislike to the new werewolf in town. He didn't know the exact reason why whenever he saw the other boy, his blood would boil. But he didn't seem to care if his ranting had an explanation or not; Nova still listened to the older boy who she sat beside in the library.

It was the afternoon after the first day back at school, and somehow the blonde had already fallen behind on her schoolwork. So she was quick to drag the Stilinski teen to help her study as he had previously taken the class she was struggling in. But, alas, his rants about the new supernatural had stopped her in her tracks.

"Stiles... meine Lieblingsfarbe ist Blut." Nova proudly smirked as she thought she had gotten the german insult correct, which she tried to read from the textbook in front of her. However, Stiles's puzzled look suggested otherwise.

"You just told me that your favourite colour is blood. Alright, Edward Cullen, calm down." The boy answered before quickly returning to his rant about the Raeken boy. The blonde immediately slammed her head to the table, realising none of the studying she had done in her free period had been adsorbed. Soon deciding the only option she had left was to close her eyes and pray she would pass the quiz, which was next period, on the language she didn't understand.

She heard the scrapes of the chairs being pulled out beside her but decided against looking up to see who they were as she quickly caught the voices of Scott, Kira and Malia. The trio looked at the girl, confused for a moment; the werewolf of the group was going to open his mouth and ask what was wrong, but Stiles quickly cut him off.

"I found another signature. This is Theo's dad's-" The boy began, Nova only listening for a few seconds before she blocked out what the teen had to say. Having the last couple of months be normal for the girl, the sudden ambush of new threats and pack members made her head spin.

The blonde truly hated how everything had changed so quickly. She was quite content with hanging with the pack, making out with her boyfriend, and having a normal life. But the sudden attack on the alpha the other night had brought back terrible memories for the girl from previous experiences of being a human.

And if there was one thing Nova did know about Beacon Hills, it was that it never stayed normal for long. So with that thought fresh in her mind, once Stiles had finally stopped talking about the boy the blonde saw as innocent as he hadn't actually done anything yet, she soon turned to Scott with her best puppy dog eyes.

"Don't even think about it, Nova." The alpha started before the girl could even part her lips. Scott was extremely against the idea of turning the girl; having seen her as a little sister for years now, he wouldnt dare put her in harm's way by biting her as she wished. But Nova was sick of being treated as weak and being looked after, so she soon pushed back her chair in a huff and grabbed her bag.

"You're just a major bitch sometimes, Scott, and you know what, I don't need an alpha. Peace out, losers." The blonde angrily spat at the teen boy, who looked rather shocked at the sudden outburst, along with the other three seniors who stared in slight horror.

Nova was pissed. She couldn't wrap her head around why the wolf wouldn't just bite her. Even going as far as planning where he could do it so she could wear bikinis in the summer and the scar not be visible. But she wasn't going to give up, and with the thought of finally being able to protect herself once again, she went straight to the bus station.

She wasn't exactly proud of where she was headed, but the girl was desperate at this point. And it was only when her stop rolled around, she felt nerves settle in her stomach.

Eichen house looked far less creepy in the daytime, in Nova's opinion. But she knew the late afternoon wouldnt stay light for long, which stopped her from dwelling outside. The gate was open when she approached, only having to push it gently before making her way up the many steps and into the mental health facility.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." The man behind the desk abruptly asked as soon as the girl had stepped into the large building. It took her a second or two to take in what the slightly strange man said, but she quickly placed her bag, phone and other belongings into the plastic bin, which was then taken into a back room.

There was a few seconds of the nurse just staring at the blonde; that was until the head doctor of the 'specialist unit', also known as the weird and wonderful supernatural creatures floor, had made his way over to the girl who had called ahead on the journey over and requested to see the man.

"Name." The older gentleman asked rather bluntly as he looked over the teen, who looked younger than he imagined.

"Morgan Hale, I'm his emergency contact." The girl easily lied as she had become a pro at it over the last few years. And it seemed enough for the man, only pausing a second to unlock the electric door leading down to the secluded basement floor.

"This your first time?" The doctor asked as the pair descended the many flights of stairs. Nova let out a faint 'yes' to the man as she felt her nerves kick in as they made it to the long hallway, which would finally take her to the man she wanted to see.

"I could tell. While you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone, or anything."

"Copy that." The Hale girl mumbled, jumping slightly as the man swiped his ID through another set of doors, bringing them to their final destination. The hallway was long; cells lined the right wall, the only light source being the cracked-open basement windows and flicking bulbs above her.

"His cells second to last. Scream if you need anything." The man almost chucked. And with that, she was alone. It took her a minute to take the first step, and as much as she wanted to go fast and ignore the creatures along her way, she couldn't seem to look away from the locked-up supernaturals.

It was the woman with no mouth that brought back awful thoughts of the Benefactor, but Nova just reminded herself she was safe behind the bars and layers of mountain ash which covered the lower building. She only momentarily made eye contact with the man with a bandage around his forehead, whose cell was next to the visitor she wanted to see. But the voice of a familiar werewolf soon caught her attention.

"Why, hello, my dear niece, what a nice surprise."

o. 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.