"thirty three"

❛ a high before the low. ❜

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝. Something which really didn't sit right with the blonde girl as she came from a proud family who tried not to lie to the ones they loved - minus her uncle Peter. And even with her mom and dad back home, the thought of telling those closest to her about the bite terrified her tremendously.

So she bottled it. After being discharged from the hospital, Nova couldn't bring herself to tell Liam what she had done. Soon making up a quick lie about her dramatic outburst after she had told him she loved him as well. And the boy seemed to believe her, being on too much of a high to see past his girlfriend's lies.

And the little bubble between the lovers seemed to be going strong, as it was now the day after the blonde had hit her head and she now sat in the Hale house snuggled next to her mom. Morgan had her daughter under one arm, and Eli under the other, all three watching Derek try - and miserably fail - at putting together a stroller for the newborn who came a few weeks earlier than expected.

The family had spent the day hanging around the house lazily, Nova having the day off school to recover from the 'attack'. The blonde was nervous to look under the band-aid which covered where she had hit her head as the bite from Peter which had been previously infected and oozed a silver substance, now not even a scar was left on her wrist, yet she felt no different from before.

Her parents had noticed the girl was slightly quieter than usual, but the big change of a new baby in the house who had woken half of the night soon brought the attention away from the blonde. But Nova didn't seem to care as she snuggled farther into her mom's side, only to fall into one a slight slumber.

It had only been around twenty minutes before Eli began to fuss, wanting his scheduled feed meant the Hale mother had to move upstairs to the nursery so she could use the rocking chair which used to be her daughters. It was the sudden warmth being ripped away from her which woke the girl, but she was quick to follow her nose into the kitchen where Derek now resided.

The man was cooking dinner, now he was out of the loft he had taken a liking to the domestics of fatherhood. But it still felt slightly strange to Nova whenever she saw her dad cook or clean, but she soon rid of the thought of making fun of the man as she remembered what she had done and that she needed to be on his good side for the time being if she ever wanted to leave the house again.

Perching herself on the large kitchen counter, the blonde picked at the baby tomatoes her dad had just washed. Derek watched her with a small smile as she texted Liam about when he could come and see her that night after dinner. Her face lit up brightly whenever he would message her back, and as much as Derek hated to admit it, he was slowly starting to like the blue-eyed beta.