32. Famiglia

Audrey's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing on the bedside table next to me. With a groan, I opened one eye groggily before checking the caller ID. Bianca.

"Bi, we literally live in the same house, why are you calling me?" I said after I picked it up.

"Get up and get ready. I want you downstairs in an hour," she ordered firmly.

"Why?" I asked her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'll explain everything when you are done," she sighed before hanging up.

Yawning, I stretched myself and rubbed my eyes to get used to the light. Taking the warm covers off me, I got up and took a shower. After doing my morning routine, I went back into my room and checked my phone to see if I had any notifications.

However, what caught my attention was the fucking time. 7.30 am. That means Bianca woke me up around 7 am, on a Saturday. This better be good or I'm definitely going to kill her.

Once I was ready, I left my room and headed to Sadie's after checking I had some spare time. I didn't bother to knock on the door as she was probably awake too. Well, not that I usually knock.

"Good morning," I sang as I walked into the room, where I saw Sadie crouched down next to her bed, tying her shoe laces.

She lifted her head to look at me with a raised eyebrow and a knowing look, as if she already knew what I came here for.

"You want to know how the date went, don't you?" she correctly guessed while taking a seat on the bed.

"You know me so well," I replied as I plopped myself next to her, leaning back on my elbows.

"Where did he take you? What did you do? Was it romantic? Did you kiss—," I rambled until she cut me off by placing her hand over my mouth.

"I'll tell you about it if you let me speak first," she told me and I eagerly nodded.

She started telling me about her date, what they did, how she felt, how he stayed to sleep on her room until Bianca called, about their first kiss on the rooftop... All the while she had a small smile on her lips and I was listening intently. I knew she was happy, and that made me happy too. She deserves this happiness.

"I decided to give him a chance. I'm not making a mistake, right?" she asked me with something I rarely see in Sadie; uncertainty.

"If you want my most sincere opinion, I don't think you are. He seems to truly care about you, and you seem happy," I reassured her.

"Thanks, A."

"Now, are you going to say anything about this to your brother?" I chuckled, knowing that Xavier won't take the fact that his little sister is dating someone too well.

"Yeah, I had already thought about this. It's the least I can do. He's my brother and he deserves to know. I was one of the first people he told about his relationship when she started dating Emma. I'm meeting him in a few days, so I'll probably tell him then. Thankfully, Emma has already arrived, so I have her for emotional support," she said.

"If it makes you feel better, Nathan is in the mafia so Xavier can try but won't be able to kill him," I joked and she slapped my arm with a roll of eyes, making me laugh.

"Come on, we don't want Bianca mad at us for being late."

With that, we both left her room and headed downstairs, where we saw the other three girls waiting for us. We greeted each other and turned to Bianca expectantly, waiting for her to start speaking.