59| Truth Means Pain

"Jimin!"

"Please, look over here!"

"Sarang, the dress is amazing!"

The model smiled at the paparazzi, causing them to take even more pictures when they had managed to gain his attention. He waved at them before turning back to the reporter who was interviewing both him and his mother.

"I'm glad I was able to reunite with my son, of course. There's nothing more important than family!" Sarang laughed, and Jimin forced a smile.

"Jimin, I'm sure you also enjoy being around your mother, am I right?" The man now turned to him, holding the microphone in his face. Jimin nodded, not missing the glare his mother was giving him.

Behave.

"Definitely. Since she's rarely in Korea these days, I tend to miss her a lot."

"Oh, please. You could visit me more often too," Sarang immediately replied before answering the journalist, "We both get very engrossed in our work sometimes."

"Well, I guess he inherited the ambition from you!" The reporter laughed, "However, I think it's great that you share the same interests. Sarang, you must be very proud of your son."

"He's the pride of our family. I admire him for a lot of things, and his commitment for his job is incredible. Especially since he's still in his early twenties," Sarang praised him, and Jimin felt warm inside. He couldn't even remember the last time she had complimented him, so this was a pleasing surprise.

"That's true, he already achieved so much for his age! Luckily, you guys can both lean back and rest while supporting Gabriel and Kim Taehyung during their show tonight."

"Yes! We're very excited to see the collection. Jimin did work with Gabriel before, but Taehyung just started his career as a runway model."

"He must be very nervous!"

"He should be," Sarang continued, "It's an honor to walk for him. And I know he's going to look incredible in his clothes."

"We can't wait to see it! I know he's probably getting ready for the show, but why don't you guys send him a short message? Everyone can use a word of encouragement, especially from such fashion icons!"

They both turned to the camera, smiling widely.

"Taehyung, we're very proud. This is only the beginning, and I'm glad we can be a part of your new journey," Sarang stated, "We love you!"

Jimin and Sarang made their way into the venue to find their seats. They were in the VIP row right next to the runway, in-between many other celebrities. The woman immediately started talking to a designer who was sitting beside her, and Jimin took a few pictures with Taemin. Luckily, his friend also attended the show and came over to talk to him before it started.

"You seem tired," the singer commented.

"Ugh, I thought my stylists made sure to cover everything up," Jimin groaned and fixed his hair, "Does it look that bad?"

"Don't worry, I just noticed because I know you well. But really, are you all right? Didn't you walk for Chanel just a few hours ago?"

"It's the Paris fashion week, Taemin. I'm just glad I can sit this one out," the younger shrugged.

"Boys, I'm gonna go greet Gabriel," Sarang interrupted their small talk, "Wanna join me?"

Backstage, Gabriel was giving his final once over of the models and outfits to make sure everything was in order, strictly giving orders to his stylists. When he saw a small group of people approaching however, his expression softened as he welcomed them with open arms.