65| Going For The Kill

Jimin was awake. Wide awake. In fact, he hadn't slept for almost twenty-four hours. And slowly, slowly but surely, his body was starting to protest.

His hands were shaking, his head was killing him and his mind couldn't seem to focus on anything. He felt stressed and anxious, and he absolutely hated how difficult it was for him to form proper words. Even his mood swings became worse, he was extremely sensitive and even the slightest inconvenience managed to irritate him to the point where he almost had another mental breakdown.

It was torture.

Jungkook, on the other hand, seemed to be in a great mood. The older smiled nonstop, constantly expressing how happy he felt when Jimin unexpectedly showed up at his place to 'spend some time together' since he had missed him too much. Seohyun met up with Yuri and Yeri took Haeun to an amusement park, giving them both enough space to do whatever they wanted. And now, after making out for roughly half an hour, they were sitting at the dinner table, drinking coffee and talking.

Jimin held his cup tightly to stop his hands from shaking, but it didn't really help. However, he needed to make sure Jungkook didn't become suspicious. He had spent hours to do his makeup, covering the dark rings under his tired eyes and making an effort to look as fit as possible. This conversation was important. And there was no way Jungkook would react positively if he noticed that something was off.

"Babe, I need to talk to you about something," he began, interrupting Jungkook's talk about his day at work. The other frowned.

"Sounds serious."

Jimin forced a laugh, not really knowing what to say next. He had practiced this conversation at home, his mother had told him exactly how to approach the topic, but now- now that he was staring into these deep, dark eyes, he felt even more nervous.

The whole situation would either be the key to his freedom or the cause of his downfall. It felt like both his grandfather and mother were watching him right now, waiting for him to finally say it. Jimin let out a deep breath, ignoring the rapid beating of his heart. He just hoped Jungkook couldn't hear it.

"This is hard," he continued, smiling awkwardly, "I'm scared you'll get upset."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, leaning back. "Did something happen?"

"No! No, I mean- nothing bad happened. I'm just scared of your reaction."

"Jimin, you know you can always talk to me," he stated softly and took his hand. Jimin froze.

"Woah, your hand is shaking. Are you okay?"

The model looked up, staring at Jungkook's worried expression, and his mouth tightened into a thin line.

He was genuinely concerned. He cared. Jungkook always cared about him.

Jimin put on a bright smile. "Of course. When I'm with you, I feel nothing but happiness, Hyung."

Jungkook grinned and leaned in to give him a short kiss. "Now, what did you want to talk about?"

Seohyun and Yuri both stared at the TV, not saying anything as they watched the news showing a short clip of Jimin leaving the company's building with his bodyguards. Paparazzi were pushing cameras into his face, and the model held up his hand to cover his eyes. It was a very brief and subtle movement, yet they couldn't help but replay that part over and over again.

The younger grabbed the remote as soon as the video ended to rewind the scene for maybe the sixth time. Once more, they waited until he held up his hand. This time however, Seohyun paused the clip.