35| Too Much Drama For One Night

I hope you guys aren't unhappy with how I'm taking things slow with Jikook/ Seohyun. I don't want to rush this story and make it unrealistic.

Still, I think it's safe to say that we've finished more than the half of He's Mine.

--

"Paris was amazing! I fell in love with the city as soon as we got off the plane," Hyeri raved excitedly, the wine in her glass nearly spilling. Taehyung suppressed a yawn and glanced at his grandmother who still seemed to be interested in the story, even though it was already the third time she had brought her most recent vacation up.

"Oh, France is a beautiful country. Taehyung's going to visit Jimin's mother there for work, right sweetie?"

The actor sat up straight after being addressed directly and nodded, trying to look as attentive as possible. Finally, someone else had the chance to speak up. He was sure that everyone besides his sister needed a change of subject.

"Yeah, but it'll take a while. I'm still busy with the filming of that new movie."

"You really are a hardworking man. I'm so proud of you," his grandmother smiled and stroked his cheek, making him smile too. Hyeri, who obviously didn't like not being the center of attention anymore, rolled her eyes. Taehyung was convinced that she didn't visit her family to catch up with them- no, the woman only wanted to make sure everyone in her circle knew about her happy life with Dowon after many failed relationships. Listening to her bragging was amusing, but definitely not enviable. He truly hoped she'd realize that too.

"To be honest, I wouldn't be able to live a life like that. Only focusing on work and fame? No, thank you. I don't need the love and support from strangers to become happy," Hyeri chuckled and played with her hair, avoiding Taehyung's eyes. She really thought she had won this time.

"Good, spend the rest of your life as a rich housewife then. It sounds boring, but I can totally imagine you having tea parties with other women and stuff. Not having any goals or achievements to be proud of, you know?" He answered and stood up, "If you excuse me now, I have to go to the bathroom."

His insult would make their relationship even more awkward, but hearing Hyeri gasp behind him proved that it was worth it. He really wanted her to leave and go annoy someone else, so maybe this would help a little.

Taehyung sighed and went upstairs, really approaching the bathroom. When he walked down the hall however, he could hear other footsteps behind him and therefore turned around to see who had been following him.

Dowon.

The actor's face fell and he immediately rolled his eyes again. He wasn't prepared for this confrontation and had initially planned to avoid him throughout their whole visit. Apparently, his plan didn't seem to work.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked coldly, not even caring if he was being too harsh. He didn't sign up for this drama and wanted to make it short.

"You didn't speak a word to me," Dowon began, obviously not letting the younger's attitude get under his skin, "I'm no stranger."

"Well, I have nothing to say to you."

"Why, am I really that detestable?"

"No, but you disgust me. Luckily, Hyeri does too. You guys really are perfect for each other, congrats!" Taehyung fired back with an exaggerated smile.

"Don't be like that."

"Like what?"

"Like a child who's being a brat because it doesn't get what it wants."