34| Seohyun and Jungkook

Seohyun immediately sat up when she heard the front door open, the beautiful sound of her daughter's giggle breaking the silence.

"Daddy, I want ice cream. Can we please have ice cream for dinner?"

"We just had some, princess."

"Sooo? We can still eat more!"

"You really are something, Haeun."

Oh, how much she had missed her husband's warm voice. Jungkook had texted her that he'd pick up the little girl from their parents' house and then head home, but it seemed like the two of them had decided to make a little stop at the nearby park and spend some time together.

"Mommy!" Haeun greeted her excitedly and jumped into her arms, "Dad took me to the playground, and then we ate some ice cream and watched the sun go down, and then he bought me candy in a convenience store, and-"

"Don't forget to breath," Seohyun laughed. She really loved seeing the girl this happy and energetic, but sometimes it was hard to keep up with her. Haeun however listened and took a deep breath, the smile never leaving her face.

"Can I talk now?"

Seohyun and Jungkook chuckled at the same time, making eye contact. Since they hadn't seen each other after their fight during Young Ae's birthday party, the atmosphere was still pretty awkward. The doctor shyly looked away, whereas Seohyun glanced down at her daughter who didn't seem to notice any of the tension.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go upstairs and put your bag away?"

"But I want Daddy to help me!"

"I will. Just wait for me, alright? I promise to be quick," Jungkook finally spoke up and Haeun turned around to stare at him. With a nod, she grabbed her things and walked off.

"Why does she always listen to you, but not me?" Seohyun snickered. Their daughter could be as stubborn as her father was, but whenever he asked her to do something or behave in a certain manner, she'd immediately obey and not fight back. It was unfair, really.

"She's a daddy's girl, that's why. Don't be so jealous," he teased her, trying to make them both loosen up with a little joke. Seohyun, on the other hand, was relieved that he got over his anger and no longer held grudges. She had no idea that Jungkook had been equally as nervous to face her, especially after inviting Jimin into their home to do something unforgivable. God, he really was a mess.

"So, you guys went to the park? That's really nice, Haeun had missed you a lot," Seohyun quickly changed the topic, not wanting to accept the fact that she wasn't the favorite parent. Jungkook understood that her words weren't supposed to sound mean, but he couldn't avoid the pain in his chest. He had really neglected his only child, an innocent human being who craved nothing but it's parents' attention and love. An angel, that didn't know that her own father, who had promised to protect her and keep her happy, was now actually the one leading them into their misery. Haeun was just a child, but she'd soon grow up to become a beautiful, young lady and Jungkook couldn't help but hope that she wouldn't turn out to be like him: a betrayer, liar and selfish piece of shit who lost all of his morals. What would she think of him after finding out? Would she hate him? Yell at him? Blame him for tearing their family apart? Tell her own children how their grandfather had ruined everything?

Well, as sad as it sounded: Jungkook would definitely deserve it.

"Kookie?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Seohyun who seemed genuinely worried.

Oh, please don't make that face.

Jungkook desperately wanted to scream at her.

Ask Seohyun why she had been stupid enough to marry him.