30| Mind Games

"Hey, girls!" Sana greeted them with a big smile, making Izumi and Seohyun share a look because of her weird high spirits. They hugged her one after the other and then sat down at the table the young girl had already reserved.

"This mall has all of my favorite boutiques! Shopping here is a lot of fun, I can guarantee you that."

"Thanks for inviting me. It's been a while since I've gone out with friends," Seohyun stated and forced a smile, still not buying that the actress had only good intentions.

Sana pulled herself together to not make a nasty comment about the woman's social life and instead returned the look, trying to appear as genuine as possible.

"Of course, I always wanted to meet you! We never really had the chance to talk, even though we're a.. family now," she replied and nearly threw up at the thought of being related to her.

Remember why you're doing this..

"Why did you suddenly want to meet up?" Izumi questioned and eyed her sister suspiciously, not forgetting how badly she had talked about Jungkook's wife at the party yesterday, "You're always quite.. busy."

"Can't I spend some time with my friends? Also, I got really bored and decided to use my last few days in Korea efficiently," the other lied, hoping that this would help improve her acting skills too.

Ugh, I hate this already.

"But-"

Izumi didn't get to finish her own sentence as her phone started ringing and instead looked at the screen, frowning after seeing the caller's ID.

"Who is it?" Seohyun asked curiously, not noticing Sana's sly grin.

"It's Mom."

"Young Ae?"

She nodded and answered the call, glancing at everyone before speaking up.

"Hello? Yes Mom, it's me. Uh huh.. actually, I'm outside.. what? Now? Can't it wait a little.. mhm. Of course, I understand. Okay.. I'll meet you in a few minutes then. Bye!"

"Sounds like you're leaving us already," Sana said innocently and suppressed a smile.

"Mom wants to clarify something about the wedding. I'm so sorry girls, but it seemed very important."

Seohyun sighed and closed her eyes, wishing that she could somehow stop Izumi from going. Maybe it was selfish for her to think so, but she didn't really care at the moment. The only thing that mattered was the fact that she'd be alone with Sana.

I won't survive this day without you.. please.

Izumi noticed how conflicted Seohyun looked, however, there was not much she could do. With an apologetic face, she stood up and grabbed her purse.

"My car is waiting outside, I really need to hurry up. Try to have some fun and don't do anything stupid," she uttered and glared at Sana while saying the last words, making the younger roll her eyes in annoyance, "See you later!" With that, she left the restaurant and rushed outside.

"Well, it's just the two of us now. Let's order our food, shall we?" Sana chuckled and reached out for the menu.

--

"What are you thinking about?" Jimin asked after noticing how Jungkook had stared at his coffee for at least five minutes, "I'm sure it cooled down already. You can drink it."

"It's not the coffee," the older replied and frowned, making him stop eating. After a long shower, the couple had decided to order some food and start their day with a nice breakfast on Jimin's large balcony. Everything seemed fine at first, but now it was obvious that something bothered Jungkook.