Meeting Howard Stark

Howard is alive. Peter is the adoptive son of Tony Stark.

"Hey, kid, wanna stay at Ned's today?" Tony rushed when Peter walked into the living room.

"Why? You almost never let me stay at Ned's house. Are you trying to get rid of me?" Peter asked in mock offense.

"You know I'm not. I just thought you would enjoy the opportunity..." The older man smirked to hide his nervousness. He had to get Peter out as soon as possible.

"You tell me why and I'll be on my way." Peter was not in a rush.

"Okey, well I thought that I and Pepper would have a date night, just the two of us." Tony improvised his lies, even to him they didn't sound convincing, but his adoptive son bought it.

"Ohhhhh, I see," The younger boy smirked, "I better get going then!"

Peter Turned to his room but didn't get far.

"Howard Stark has entered the building." Announced Friday. "He is currently making a scene in the waiting lobby."

Peter stopped in his track. He didn't understand why his dad wanted him to leave if he would finally get the chance to meet his grandfather. Peter didn't know much about him, Tony never talked about his parents.

While Peter was confused his father silently cursed under his breath. Why couldn't the old man wait for few more minutes, or die in a car crash his brain added. Now he regretted not telling his adoptive son anything about his family. "Send him up."

"Ok, Pete, I want you to pretend that you're my intern, okey?" Probably not the best plan that a Stark brain could come up with, but oh well," I know this doesn't make much sense, but please do this for me, okey?"

Then the man came in. He walked like not only this tower, but all of the world belonged to him. Right away Peter associated him with Flash.

"Hello, Antony, I see you're doing mediocre as always." Peter at first thought that his grandfather was joking, but the man's face looked like a statue that hadn't been moved for ages - with no expression, definitely not a smile. He awaited that Tony would come back with a snarky response, but he didn't say a thing, just lowered his head a bit and waited for the next comment.

"And who is this?" Howard asked pointing his head towards the boy.

"That is one of my interns" Peter couldn't believe his ears when he heard the Tony Stark's nervous voice.

"Very well, I suppose he is here to help me out, so why doesn't he bring me some water?" The man didn't even look at Peter.

"Right away, sir" The youngest Stark rushed to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

When he returned with the glass his dad looked like he hadn't moved nor spoken for the entire time. When Peter gave his adoptive grandfather the water he was nervous, but his logical mind tried to explain, that you can't get a cup of water wrong. Turns out you can.

"Is this from the sink?"

"Yes, sir," Peter's voice was bearably hearable.

"So you can't give me proper water?" Peter shrugged. 'How can somebody get angry about a glass of water?' He thought.

"I'm sorry, sir, I just thought you wanted to get it as quick as possible and we have a great filtration..." He was cut off by Tony.

"That's enough, kid." That was the first thing he said since his father entered the room.

Peter stopped and instinctively moved closer to Tony.

"Why can't one of your interns get me some normal water? Is that too much to ask now?"

"First of all as Peter was saying we have a filtration system that doesn't require for the water to be boiled for it to be clean, second He is not one of my interns, he is my son," Tony said in a controlled and cold voice, but Peter could hear the anger behind it.

"That pathetic thing can't possibly be a Stark!" Howard exclaimed.

Peter flinched. Even though the man was acting rudely from the beginning, he wasn't expecting this.

"How dare you, come in here and say something about my kid? Pete is the most passionate, kindest, and the smartest kid in the whole universe." If the boy standing next to Tony wouldn't be listening to his words, but to his tone he sure as hell would have been scared. "Get out." Tony put an automatic protective arm around Peter.

But somehow Howard Stark didn't get the message. He stepped in front of Tony and raised his hand. But before Howard could hit his son Peter stepped in front of his dad and punched his grandfather in the face, then he arched his arm behind his back. "You even look at my dad the wrong way ever again and I'm going to find you and I'm going to show you where spiders go in the winter."

"Friday, tell Happy to get here right now," Peter said.

"Yes, Peter."

After a minute Happy was there and escorted Howard out of the building.

Peter and Tony hugged. The younger boy was shocked when he felt tears travel from his dad's eyes. He smiled and whispered into Tony's ear.

"Don't worry, you will never see him again. And if you do I'll show him what my treats mean."

"Thanks, Pete."