Baby Peter 2

Requested by @RaghavAgarwal861. Hope you like it!

Pepper was tired. She had been tired before the flight from Europe, where she had worked for three months with different allies of the Stark industries. But now, getting off the plane she was ready to fall asleep as soon as she goes to the tower, not minding that it was only 3 pm.

She was thankful, for that she had a car waiting for her. The last thing she wanted to do now to take a subway with her suitcase and bags. She opened the back of the car and put her stuff in, then she sat in the front passenger's seat. Happy was already waiting for her. They took off soon.

Turns out even the most inconvenient things can be missed when you're far from home for a long time. The woman enjoyed the traffic between the tall buildings, people rushing, some others enjoying slow walks. Maybe the honking she didn't miss.

There was somebody else, who Pepper definitely missed – Tony. Why he wasn't here? Because She and Rhodey were going to surprise him, both coming back at the same time.

James was relieved. He was finally getting back to New York after a two-month Stay at a military campus. Yes, It was basically his second home, but it still felt nice to take a break. He had left one day too early, for the surprise, missing a talk with one really annoying general.

Walking through the airport he enjoyed the people, dressed in normal clothes not uniforms, and cheering loudly, not in a special manner. He ordered a taxi when he got out and put all of his bags in it. And there it was, the one thing he hadn't missed – traffic, sitting through countless red lights.

First, the man drove to his house, put his bags down, took a shower, and changed his clothes. Grabbed an apple, and his car keys on the way out. While driving he blasted loud music not to fall asleep, also because it was the one thing he didn't get to do through his work.

When Rhodes reached the tower he couldn't help but smile. Soon he parked his car near by parking lot, not wanting to activate Friday, who could tell Tony about his arrival.

Near the entrance of the tower, a blonde woman stood, "Hi, Pepper!" the man walked up to her.

"Hi!" she greeted back.

After that, they walked into the tower, into the elevator: "Hello, Mis. Pepper, Colonel Rhodes. Would you like me to let Boss know about your arrival?"

"Hi, Fri," Pepper greeted back, "no, thank you, we'd like to surprise him."

"Alright, Mis. Pepper."

Both of them didn't know what they had expected to see in Tony's penthouse, but it wasn't the whole of avengers occupying the couches and the ground and a baby crawling on the ground in diapers and a green shirt, with carrots on it. But here they were.

When the avengers realized that the doors are open they immediately got up, fight ready. Rhodey noticed how they all seemed to gather in front of the child.

"How – what? How is this physically possible? I was not gone for that long!" and here was Pepper who had hoped to come back and relax. But how can you when you live in the same household as Tony Stark? She stumbled out of the elevator.

Tony got up as the avengers sat back down, except for Nat, "Avengers, those are Pepper and James my friends, Friends – avengers, also, my son – Peter," the man said with a smile.

"What do you mean your son?" She was so confused at the moment.

"I mean – he is my biological son and the son of Mary Parker," Tony explained.

"What about the woman didn't she want her son? Couldn't she take it?"

For a few seconds, Pepper was getting angry from the confusion, but then a small body crawled closer to her. The boy slightly turned his head to one side, looking at her with dark brown, innocent eyes, then the anger was gone. She sat on her knees to be closer to him. The child put his hands in her lap.

"No, she, she's gone," Tony couldn't say he was overly sad, he hadn't known the woman, but he still felt emotions that were colored in his voice.

Pepper immediately felt guilty but didn't know what to say. So she took, the boy in one hand and started tickling his stomach with the other. Soon the kid's laughter unraveled all the knots of stress in the room. So much so, that even Natasha sat down.

Rhodey who had been standing silently behind Pepper, squatted next to her, put his hands next to hers, gesturing that he wanted to hold the boy as well. The woman didn't want to. Somehow her emotions had taken a 180 swing, she did however do it. The boy connected his curious, earth-colored eyes with the man's and Rhodey smiled once more.

"How are you going to take care of him?" asked Pepper.

"Look at the team I have," all of them nodded in agreement.

"Speaking of which," Clint said, "Welcome to Protect Peter squad, our two newest members!"

Everybody started clapping.