Good boy

A/N

Thank you all so much for reading and voting on this story! We have reached 1k reads in only a month. Like what? Thanks anyway.

TW: Child abuse

1 day and 7146 seconds. That's how long Petr had been locked in his room. It wasn't actually a room. More of a cell. If the boy would lie down straight then his toes could touch the other side of the room as his head. That was what the boy was doing now. Laying down. Not straight. He was curled up into himself, hands wrapped around his knees and eyes red from crying for a whole day. Even though the boy hadn't slept for an entire day, he didn't seem tired.

7147 seconds

The memories of the events flashed his mind. Him trying to run out of the tower. Tony catching him before he even saw the door. Peter apologizing, Tony's calm voice: "I'll lead you to your small room. You will stay there until I'm back from this mission." Peter begging, saying he's sorry, trying to get his hand out of Tony's. The man looking like he didn't even feel the protest. Throwing him into the dark room, closing the door.

7148 seconds

Why? Why Did I do it? Why did I try to escape?

7149 seconds

Tony gave me everything I needed. The people out there would hurt me. Why did I try to escape?

7150 seconds

"I'm sorry" The boy murmured into the darkness, "I will never, ever try to escape again."

43200 seconds

There was a shaft that opened and food appeared in it. The boy didn't touch it. He didn't deserve to eat. He disobeyed his dad. He didn't deserve to eat.

432002 seconds

The boy wanted tony. He wanted to be held in his dad's arms. Wanted to be comforted. He missed the touch so much, it physically hurt.

43204 second

He thought about banging on the door, but he didn't. Tony didn't like it when he banged on the door.

82800 seconds

Just one more hour the boy thought to himself. Dad never left him there for more than two days. Just one more hour.

86380 seconds

Just a few more seconds he thought to himself. It will be alright.

2 days 5 seconds

Where was Dad? Did something happen to him on the mission?

7 seconds

Was he so angry at him?

8 second

Did he forget about him?

9 seconds

Did he hate him now?

21607 seconds

Peter fell asleep. When he woke up he didn't know what time it was. It was so dark, he couldn't see his palms in front of him. It wasn't cold, but the ground was hard and uncomfortable. Tony still wasn't here. The boy came to the conclusion that his dad hated him now. Why else would he be left here for so long? He started to cry again and repeated 'never, never, never again, never again.'

After a while the boy curled into a corner, his body shaking. He had eaten after he woke up. The hunger took over. Now the kid felt guilty about it. In the corner, he rocked himself back and forth, while sobbing uncontrollably.

After three days Tony came back from the mission. The first thing he did was go check on his son. He put his ear to the door and listened. The sobs wrenched his heart, as he heard a flood of 'I'm sorry's'. The man sank to the ground whit his head rested against the door.

He never wanted to hurt Peter in any way. He didn't want his son to cry, to suffer, to feel anything bad. But he had to make sure that Pete understood. Understood that he was not to, under any circumstances leave this tower. It was too dangerous.

When the crying of his son became too much for the man to handle he got up and walked away. At first, he was planning on leaving the boy there for five days but now decided that four would be enough for the message to sink in.

The man was at the door a minute from when four days would pass. He heard the same crying as before. As soon as his sunglasses exhibited full 4 days the man opened the door.

Peter was still sitting in the corner. When the light hit him, so did an enormous amount of relief and fear. He closed his eyes but didn't move any other muscles. What if Tony didn't want him to move?

Tony squatted, so he would be at the same level as Peter: "Come here, Pete," he called.

The boy slowly got up. His body acing from not moving. He stumbled towards the man and fell in his arms.

"I'm I'm so s - sorry, I, I pro - promise, I will n -never ever d-d-do it e-ever again, please, please, d - don't h- hate me," The boy got out through sobs.

"Oh, Pete, I could never hate you. Why would you think that?" Tony asked letting the hug get a bit weaker.

"I – I just, when, when you didn't, you didn't show up after, after two days, I, I thought that you must hate me now." The boy looked down at his palms.

The boy's father didn't like the answer all that much but explained it to Peter calmly: "I didn't do this because I hate you, I do it because I don't want you to get hurt, people out there would kidnap you, they would torture you, they would kill you. You understand that, right?"

"Yes," Peter said still looking down.

"That's my good boy," Tony lifted his sons chin up and looked in his eyes with love then pulled the boy into a hug again, "You will never do that again, will you?" he asked in a voice so sweat it probably had created holes in his teeth.

The small boy tensed up and started shaking his head: "No, never, never, I will never do that again, I promise,"

"That's my good boy."