Get away

The city was crushing him. Yes, he had grown up here. Yes, he had barely been traveling. Yes, it was his home. But lately, the cars seemed too loud, the skyscrapers too tall, crushing him beneath their never-ending lights, the ground too hot, the air too heavy. The large buildings made the city small. Since Peter had become the CEO of Stark Industries, he hadn't had the time to get away. Looking at the ground always had been peaceful - the cars never leaving the streets. But now the lights were too bright, and the young man just wanted to see the stars which the city lights had made invisible.

There were too many people too many different expectations. Yes, he always had loved helping everybody, talking to everybody, but then people wear open. Now they were expecting so much of him. They saw him as too young, too inexperienced. And soon he saw himself as such as well. How could he uphold his dad's legacy? With how heavy the weight on his shoulders was the man wasn't sure how he was able to walk still. How can you hold something so precious? Fearing to break it yet heaving to hold on roughly not to let go. He couldn't just let go, not for a second. But if he wouldn't his body would not be able to carry on much longer.

He needed to tell somebody that he was going away. When did he decide that he was going away? He opened the group chat with Ned and MJ and looked at it for a second before typing. 'Im gonna get some air dont worry about me ill be back ssoon' It was selfish of him just to leave like that, but he could just tell everybody that he had been sick when he would get back.

He took his backpack, threw in a new pair of clothes, some nutrition bars and bananas quickly got changed into sweatpants, a sweater, and running shoes. Feeling like sneaking out he got on the elevator got to the garage and started driving. The streets did not feel familiarly comfortable, rathe annoyingly repetitive. Deciding that the food he had bought might not be enough, peter stopped in front of a 24/7 shop. Hoping nobody would notice, he maneuvered through the allies grabbing milk, sandwiches, and conserves, paid quickly, and got back in the car.

Peter didn't feel any traces of sleep, which he knew, was a sign of sleep deprivation, but for now, adrenaline was rushing. Usually, he would play music, but tonight he was on a mission to escape the noise. The young man drove through the night for hours, heading north, but not to somewhere in particular.

The city disappeared behind him and was taken over by private houses with huge back yards, then followed periods of forests, then cities and fancy villas once more. For hours he drove like that until when the sun already was rising, he noticed that the forest was getting thicker and livelier, that he had long passed the living arias. After 4 hours of driving, he stopped.

Peter got out of the car and laid down on the dewy moss. He should have gotten up to at least get a sleeping bag, but at that moment the moss was so soft, the air so fresh, the car would ruin it. He looked up at the sky through the trees. from it, stars were disappearing, replaced by calm pink lights, which accompanied the sunrise. The air smelled like rain, like leaves. Then the boy closed his eyes listening to the early birds singing in the distance, the small waterfalls running somewhere nearby. Like that he fell asleep, never wanting to wake up. Maybe he would never need to.