Kidnapped (part 2)

"I see you chose to ignore our request, Mr. Stark. That truly makes me sad. We now raise the price to 8 billion dollars. You can make your payment after the lesson," the person on the other end sighed, "well, now we will have to show you what happens when you don't comply. We will ask you to turn on your camera as well and put this on the wall, you know, just so your little friends would see what happens when they cannot convince you to give us the money."

Tony complied, whit a shaky hand directing the image on his phone to the wall and turning on one of the cameras in the room. Soon the camera turned on showing Peter.

Peter didn't know how long it had been since the men last entered the room, but he knew the time was too short. The man who had tried to drug him the first stood at the wall on which many different objects were hung. Every single one was made to implement pain. The boy tried not to think about it, but his eyes watered still. He was afraid, but he didn't let the tears spill. In front of him, another man stood with a phone, obviously filming him. Another man stood beside him – a slim figure dressed in an expensive suit with an all-white mask on which the only carvings were a space for his mouth and eyes. The smile on his face made the boy shiver and want to hug his knees. But he didn't, suddenly his arms and legs were frozen in place.

"Alright, let's start then!" Tony heard the man standing next to Peter clap his hands, "The only problem is, I don't know what to do. I mean there are so many options! How can I decide?" somebody put a taser in his hand, "Maybe I should electrocute him, make him a bit more energetic!" the man sounded excited, "Or maybe I should make him smile?" he dragged a razor only a few centimeters away from the kid's face, "Or we could mark him? Oh but his face is so sweet..." he yanked Peter by his hair. Tears started streaming down his face, "Oh don't cry, baby, we haven't even started."

Tony looked in horror at the screen in horror, "Maybe a little bit of everything?" the masked man said fidgeting with the taser in his hand. Then whit a wide smile putting it slowly to Peter's neck. The boy tried to get away kicking his legs, to no use.

When the call ended Tony broke down. His hands and knees started shaking. He couldn't stand up, he didn't know how he got to the ground. Hot tears were streaming down his cheeks, he wanted to scream and break stuff and curse the entire world. Why did this have to happen to his kid? He wanted to be in Pete's place. He wanted to hurt. How could he let something like this happen?

"Tony, we are doing everything we can," said Steve.

"Well, maybe your everything just isn't good enough!" he screamed. Why couldn't they do anything? "Why can't you help him? Didn't you see what they're doing to him?" his voice gradually lost strength, "Help him, please."

"Stark, get up," Furry said in a quiet tone, "You are not helping him in any way by acting like a baby."

For some reason, his limbs started moving, though they didn't feel like his. His body wasn't his. Tony was somewhere else.

"Now go and find who are the people behind this." Furry commanded.

Tony listened he automatically typed and typed resisting the urge to take the flower pot and smash it against the ground.

Natasha was the same as Tony, except she didn't need anybody to tell her what to do. She checked the voice recognition already knowing that there would be no people to match it. They were not as dumb not to use voice moderators. But somehow that was the last straw. The fact that what she expected to happen happened made her even angrier. She rose her hand, curled into a fist, ready to break the glass table. But someone took her arm before she managed to. She wanted to scream at that someone. How dare they stop here. But she didn't have the strength for that. She turned and fell into Steve's chest, letting him hug her and allowing herself to cry.

After 20 minutes Tony got up. I found a name and their face. Everybody moved around his screen. On it was a picture of a muscular man with dark hair cut short. His name 'Nathan Adler.'

Furry found security footage. Multiple blocks away the man came out carrying quite a big bag, then got into a van with two other guys. The car stopped in front of one of the 'secureyou' buildings.

"It's about an hour away with a car, but if we fly with the jet..." Clint didn't get to finish.

Tony made his nano suit appear and breaking the window flew away, he wasn't going to waste a second.

He didn't stop in front of the door, with a laser cutting through it from a distance and flying through the uneven hole right to their vault. Only then seeing as three figures were running away through the hall. The man took one last look at the door then at full speed shot after them.

"Stop or I will kill you!" he yelled.

They complied. The short one with the biggest stomach said: "You can waste your time with us our you can go and save your son."

The tallest, still wearing a mask nodded: "We knew you were coming so we had some more fun. I don't know how long he will last..."

Tony didn't have time for this, he shot six sharp nail-like objects, which cut right through their palms and nailed them to the wall. He knew Nat would get here soon enough and take care of them.

Peter was laying on the ground hoping that somehow the pain would stop, that he would fall asleep and maybe wouldn't need to wake up. He saw the pool of blood forming around him. The cold floor was his only friend, cooling the bruises from the kicks. Every second was thousands of years of pain. The cut and burn marks over him. The memories of the clear laughter from the man in the mask.

The door opened, he couldn't look up, but he tried to pull himself inwards, it opened the smaller cuts again, but fear flowing through his entire body made him do it anyway. He saw knees hit the ground and he waited for something, squeezing his eyes shut. Somebody touched him and he tried to get away to no use.

"Shhh, Pete, it's me, it's dad," and even though Peter's head hurt too much to tell the words apart he did recognize the voice. Suddenly he was calm, through the pain he felt safe. He tried to smile through the tears, which were streaming down the bruise on his face.

Tony was scared to pick Peter up, afraid it would hurt him even more. The boy tried to move his hand to find where his dad was. And then he felt arms around him. Tears started rolling down with a new force down both of their cheeks.

"I – I t – tried not to cry, so you wouldn't, wouldn't hurt so so much," Peter spoke through sobs, "I'm sor -sorry," he hiccupped.

Tony's heart broke into a million more pieces than it already had. "Shhhh, you're safe now, it's alright, just stay awake," his voice was broken as well.

They stayed like that until the team came rushing in, Steve offered to carry Peter, but the boy didn't let go of his dad. They returned to the tower and rushed to the med-bay, where very reluctantly the boy allowed for Tony to lay him down on the table when he promised to hold his hand until he could get up.

After a while Nat joined the rest of the team in the waiting room, telling them how the three men were arrested after they had been as it seems tortured by an unknown subject. Then she proceeded to enter the room in which Tony was in to sit on the other side of the table.