15

Justin's pov:

"You are free to go Bieber." The police said to me as I left the station because they were questioning me for a good half hour.

I grabbed my coat weakly and used a cane to balance myself because I was still weak from the gunshot wounds. I pulled out my phone and texted Selena.

Me: hey sel can you please pick me up from the police station? Feel too sick to drive :/

Sel: sure why are you there?! Are you okay?!

Me: yea I'm fine no worries, love you.

Sel: yep be there soon

I held tightly on too my cane and kept myself as alert as possible. I'm paranoid a murderer is always looking over my shoulder. I don't want to get shot again, I don't want to look weak in front of Selena, someone who is so strong.

"Hey! Hey! You!" Someone was shouting in my direction. I slowly turned around and stared at a frail elderly man. Life really put up a good fight with him.

"Yea? Are you talking to me?" I said confused. He shuffled closer to me.

"Yea boy why do you look older than me? Bandages, a cane, hunched over like you've had more surgeries than this old man! Just be careful." He said patting my back.

"Uh thanks? Why are you here anyways? In the police station?" I said noticing he had no police uniform on.

"Yano, my next door neighbor? Pattie had such a tragedy, then I realized on my way back from night patrol at the museum I hit something, well someone. They said 'fuck off, ... Justin.' I was flattered they thought I was you, so young and charming, but it was dark. So anyways he also said, 'I will fucking get you' then I realized why you were carried out on a stretcher that night. I am sorry. But for your sake I came here and identified the suspect you couldn't name. You're welcome... and keep this between me and you, they'll never find him. He was killed right after I ran him over. Dead." He said and his wrinkled face smiled. I hugged him reluctantly and then Selena walked up.

"You ready?" She said taking my hand smiling as I backed away from the old man.

"Yea lets go." I said looking so pale and in shock.

Who was it?

I opened my hand and was my mothers locket, she had lost it so many years ago. That man had just given it to me.

"Ugh it hurts." I groaned climbing into Selena's truck grabbing my chest.

"I know, it'll get better." She said starting the engine.

"I hope." I said clearing my throat.

"Uh sel? Someone died, I don't know who, but I know I did it." I choked out still freaked out by that old man. She slammed the breaks and snapped her face dead in my direction.

"You what?" She said and her voice was wavering.

"No, no, it wasn't me personally. I was just the reason. I guess we were the reason." I sighed lowering my head.

"Well if you didn't do it personally, you have nothing to worry about. Forget about it, it's a tough world." she shook it off coldly and began to drive again.

"No Selena, I am not you! I can't handle situations like this! What am I going to do?" I said whispering because the pain made me too weak to actually talk.

"Justin, just suck it up. It's the world we live in." she growled and kept her eyes locked on the road.

"No, it's the world you live in." I mumbled resting my forehead on the glass of the passenger seat window.

"Get out. NOW. If you can't Except it maybe you aren't ready." She said stopping the car again and shoving me out of the car.

"Ready for what?!" I said raising my voice getting annoyed at her irrationalness.

"Ready to be with me!! I can't leave behind my past as much as I want too! And you have to be ready for it! You can't be some baby who gets shot..... you can't back out now." She said and with that she gave me one last shove and I fell to the ground out of her car and she sped off. I could tell she was crying now.

I really don't understand what just happened.

I was laying in the grass beside the road and my face was rubbing against the dirt. A tear fell out of the corner of my eye. She can't leave me? Did she even leave me?

"Fuck." I muttered. I struggled to get to my feet because Gravity was acting like ankle weights bring me down.

"There he is! Get him!" I heard faint voices getting closer. I tried to turn around slowly balancing my cane. I saw
a man, he looked familiar but I couldn't quite identify him.

He swung and I felt my head start throbbing and everything faded to black. Why can't I ever fight back? Why am I so weak? Better hit the weights.

----

"Ugh what?" I said groaning waking up in a cold dark room. I tried moving my arms but the were tied behind me. Actually my legs and arms were tied. I rolled over to see, Xavier? He was sitting in a chair staring at me with a devilish smile. I was terrified for my life.

Why does this happen to me?

What the heck did I ever do! How am I gunna get out of here?

"Your up!" He growled.

I rolled my eyes and he kicked my gut as I grunted.