7

Selena's pov:

Gosh it's been a week already. I barely moved out from my bed. Well besides to go to work. I felt like I wasn't physically present, my mind was somewhere else. I didn't want to believe the truth, but I had to.

Justin wanted me to meet him at this café today to talk. I could still use more time away from him, heck I don't wanna see him in a million years. It's not because I hate him, I can't. It's because I am scared, what are we going to talk about? Us? I'm scared of us. I'm scared there is going to be an us. I burned the thoughts and happiness of us. He is going to recreate, us.

"¡Mujer! Open up!" I heard Chanel bang on my door. I was just laying in bed drowning myself in thoughts so I shook it off and opened the door.

"Yea what's up?" I said with my messy hair burping as I opened the door. She was dressed as usual with a slicked back ponytail and metallic-y jumper with ten inch heels and white blazer.

"Uh girl, don't you have that date with Jay today?! Go get dressed!" She said shocked running over to my closet.

She started pulling out my usual wear. Me heels leather jacket but today I wasn't feeling it.

"You know what Chanel, I'm gunna wear something else." I smiled going to my old dresser that I brought with me from my old house. I pulled out a nice flower print flowy dress with simple black flip flops. I put on some mascara and left my hair in a loose soft braid To the side.

"Eewww Sel what are you going for? White girl?!" Chanel said rolling her eyes.

"Shut up Chan. I like this, I look like Selena Gomez." I said and twirled in the mirror.

"Come on Sel don't change yourself for some guy! We all know he is fine and I would tap that but this isn't you." She said handing me a skimpy black dress.

"No Chan, this dress isn't me. If you don't like this Selena, then there is the door. I'm tired of trying to build up my walls. I'm tired of trying to change." I said handing her back the dress. She looked down ashamed.

"Sorry chica. I am here for you, good luck at lunch tonight." she said.

"But wait, if this is the new you, what about the bar. You have a boyfriend now, you don't want others hitting on you just cuz they are drunk. And just." She said sighing.

"Listen he isn't my boyfriend. And the bar, I don't know. Okay? Just this is really hard for me and you're not making it easier." I signed sitting back on the couch.

"Wow you aren't defensive at all! Did he drug you? This is so not you!" Chanel said shocked.

"Yea well I better go, I will tell you how it went after." I said giving her a hug heading out of my apartment to the lobby.

"Mrs. Gomez! There is some mail for you!" An attendant said waving an envelope. I walked over taking the piece of paper and tore it open. I smirked. This kid never fails does he?

It was a check for 500$ from Justin with a note: XOXO u thought I wouldn't do it? Here's the check for you shifts ;) plus because you deserve it thanks for the moment in the elevator don't tell me you didn't like it

I smiled and then I looked at the date it was 9 days ago so he wrote this before all of them stupid drama happened.

I got to my car and sped to the café.

Justin's pov:

I was waiting nervously at the café. I know I came a half and hour early because my mom was arguing about Selena with me. Its so frustrating, she gave up on Selena and that's something I would never do. Just because she changed doesn't mean she is a totally different person. She isn't. Anyway, I sat at the table nervously and I kept looking at my reflection in the mirror fixing my beanie and smoothing out my shirt. What if she doesn't even show up? God what are we even going to talk about? How does she feel about her brother?

"You okay?" The waitress interrupted my thoughts with a soft smile.

"Yea he is fine." Selena waves her off and sits across from me. I couldn't help but smile and wishing my mom could see her now. I wish I could tell my mom 'I told ya so'.

"Selena." I smiled, it was actually her. The Selena I fell in love with. The Selena that makes my heart melt with just one look in her eyes.

"Yea, what are you doing?" She said confused. I started to blush realizing I was staring.

"Uh nothing," I cleared my throat.

"Well um, I have been thinking. And well I just wanna say thank you." She said playing with her braided curly hair.

"It wasn't easy, but I knew I had too." I said sipping my glass of water.

"You didn't have too, you wanted too. I know you did because you loved me." She said wait a smile creeping on her cheeks.

"No, I love you. Present tense." I smirked.

She giggled. I haven't heard her giggle in forever.

"Yea but, I don't know if I want to start a relationship. I know you gave me time, heck you would give me all the time in the world, I know that but I'm still in shock about Lucas. All of this time I had the roles reversed. You never were the devil. " she said lowering her head.

I moved from my seat to sit next to her.
I cupped her face and kissed her. It felt so good. Nothing has ever felt that good in my life. The best part was when she kissed back.

"Justin," she breathed resting her forehead on mine.

"This is so fast." She said with her eyes closed thinking out loud.

"Life's fast, don't let it slip by." I said kissing her forehead.

"I was a bitch." Selena groaned.

"Everybody has phases." I said trying to stay positive.

"Thankyou, you never judge. Never do anything wrong. Why do you put up with me?" She sighed.

"Because you're beautiful, I know you. I don't want to get to know anybody else. We have the best story and I am determined to make it a happy ending." I smiled.

"I'm not a fairytale. I don't get happy endings." she said.

"Things change." I shrugged. she chuckled and her phone rang. Sel looked at the caller identification and jumped up.

"Gotta take this." She stuttered and raced outside.