6

"Why are you lying to me?! Your such a dick!" She said getting red in the face and pain beginning to form in her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes.

I grabbed her hands to try and calm her, "Sel, I didn't kill him. Okay? He did it. Not me. Sel you have to believe me. I only said what I did, to protect you." I said and it felt good to tell her the truth. But then I remembered why I didn't, the pain in her face was crippling to my heart. I know believes me now as her expression fell and she began to realize.

I engulfed her in a hug and I felt hot tears on my t-shirt. Her makeup was running and her leather jacket was making ruffling noises as she searched for tissues and pulled away from my embrace.

"No, he couldn't have. You are lying!" She said shaking her head in denial.

".....He promised me." She said quietly turning to face my dead in the eyes, she was hurt.

"Listen, I didn't kill him. I am sorry I didn't tell you. I am sorry he broke his promise." I said now keeping my distance from her. She was very angry and hurt, and I didn't know what she was capable of.

"You're sorry you didn't tell me?! How about the fucking judge! You fucking went to jail for this! You had to have killed him." She said again, I know deep down she new, but she couldn't accept it.

She looked at me with her deep brown eyes now red and puffy. I wanted to hug her and reverse time to 7 years ago when we were a fairytale.

But I have been watering my grass for a while now, so if this is the greenest side It was inevitable this time was going to come.

"You know I could never kill a soul." I said taking her in my arms squeezing her into my chest. She was shaking, she was probably too weak to push me away.

"I used to know that. But when you were gone. I changed, I was determined to think that you changed. You are a murderer, I am not ready to see you as Mr. Nice guy. You still broke my heart."
She mumbled.

"Yea but, what if I didn't say I killed him. What if I let you know that Lucas didn't keep his promise to you and killed himself. That you didn't even cross his mind when he pointed that gun to his head. I would rather you deal with having your boyfriend break your heart, than a brother. Blood over love? Right?
In the long run I new that a lie isn't as bad as a broken promise. I was trying to minimize the pain. I am sorry." I said and now I started to cry. I couldn't imagine her pain, maybe I was wrong and made a mistake. Maybe I should have told the truth and been there for her in her darkest days. She wouldn't be standing here, looking like a plastic Barbie doll. My Selena could be here in front of me, giving me a heartwarming smile, instead of painful tears. This was probably the hardest moment in my life, I imagined I would be her hero, we would run off in the sunset now that she knows the truth, but no. It's never the case. It never happens like in the movies.

"Justin I believe you. But why did you do this to me?!" She said burying her head in my chest.

"I didn't want to hurt you." I said kissing her hair wrapping my arms around her. I couldn't be there before, but now I'm going to make sure nothing is going to make my baby frown.

"I don't know what to do. I just." She said letting out sobs. I tried to comfort her but she was confused. I don't know if I should give her space, I don't want her to slip away. Not again.

"It's okay, trust me. Just let it sink in, everything's gunna be alright." I sang the last part and she let out a smile. My eyes lit up, it was a real smile. A real Selena smile.

"Okay, well I still don't know what to do. Just maybe we should meet up next week. I need a little time. Ok? I don't even known right now. I have to go." She said hastily leaving.

"Um next weekend! How does the Café sound on 17th street?!" I shouted after her as she walked away to her car, climbed in and drove off. She whipped her head back as she sped away and nodded, she will be there.