19

I was in the passengers set of my own car but that wasn't why I was uncomfortable.

It was what was locked and loaded in the glove compartment.

I didn't really want to use it, but for some reason, maybe the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach that made me feel like this wasn't gunna be one of my better days.

"Ugh, do you mind if I take off my suspenders? I'd have to get undressed." I said uncomfortably to Chanel.

"I don't care, I think Xavier is going to be about an hour away. You know the other burrows are gunna have traffic and we're taking back roads too, we gotta avoid any risk." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

"Uh okay.... here I goooooo." I said realizing that sounded awkward.

"Listen I don't care! Do what ever you want! Stop making this awkward..... you are my best friends boyfriend." she said and shook her head.

"Oh? So you are uncomfortable, never mind.... I-I." I said buttoning my shirt back up.

"UGH stop being so fricken weird." She rolled her eyes and purses her lips.

I sealed and just stripped off my shirt and tore off my suspenders and adjusted my now looser pants and put my shirt back on over my now flushed face. I don't think anyone besides Selena has seen me shirtless. Well my family doesn't count.

"You're a good guy, loverboy." She said still eying the road with a satisfied smirk on her face.

"I think you've mentioned it once or twice." I stated. I really do appreciate her compliments, but for some reason it seem so easy to convince her but it seems like an entirely different battle for Selena.

"Yea, well. Despite what Selena may think sometimes, I know she knows your a good kid and you guys deserved each other. I-I, I miss her a lot." She said becoming vulnerable, that was a trait a lot of people in her world didn't have.

"Thanks again. I just always wanted the best for Selena, I would have done anything for her. The fact that she could've been still mad at me when People like Xavier took her it-it just kills me!" I said while a lump in my throat welcomed itself and tears started fleeing from my eyes.

"I-I mean I never wanted to hurt her! Yet that's all she thought I did!!! What if she's really really gone? I never got to say goodbye, she never got to tell me how many times I broke her heart." I sobbed.

"why the hell would you want to
Know how many times she broke your heart?" Chanel replied with a disgusted look, probably anger is her way with dealing the pain.

"So I could tell how many times I've mended it. She blamed me for a lot, if you haven't noticed." I stated.

"You did it to yourself." She scoffed and kept driving. I looked down knowing she could be right. I didn't want to continue this conversation anymore

I opened the glove compartment and took the gun in my hands.

After an awkward silence I looked at Chanel.

"Have you even used it? ....Like on someone?" I squeaked. She still kept her eyes straight ahead purposefully avoiding eye contact.

"Almost there, be alert." she said and I also wondered how'd she know where to go, but I think she is PMSing on top of it all so I should keep my mouth shut.

"Great weather, right?" I said getting nervous. I don't know why I said it but it seemed like everything else I brought up hit a nerve with her.

"Shut Up, this was the same weather we had before hurricane Sandy." She stated.