8

Selena's pov:

I saw the caller ID and instantly got nervous. Justin was wrapped around me and I didn't want him to know what was going on so I booked it out of the building.

"Sorry I have to take this." I muttered. I didn't have to take the phone call, I didn't want to either.

"Hello?" My voice shook.

"Hey, what's up." He said.

"Listen I'm busy can I call you later?" I said biting my lip.

"Uhh, no? I called you because I want to talk to you now." I heard Marcus chuckle through the phone which used to charm me. He was my old boyfriend, never really went away.

"Uh well okay." I said hoping he would make it quick. Justin is really a good guy and I don't want to hurt him, he tried to protect me all of these years.

"Yea, so when can I see you girl? You still at that crib?" He said. Yes he wasn't the most proper guy, grew up in the ghetto and all that. But he is sweet once you get to know him. I never got to.

"Yea um you can stop by now I will be home soon." I said trying to end the conversation. Once I see him I will end things for good. I feel like I am committed to Justin now even though I don't know where we are exactly.

"Alright baby, stay tasty for me." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and hung up. Marcus was a big guy, a lot stronger than a lot of people I know. When he gets mad he is very scary.

I slowly walked inside feeling guilty about that phone call. Whenever I talk to Marcus it's like a dark cloud looming over me, I just don't feel myself. Hopefully Justin can make me feel a little bit better.

"Hey there she is." Justin perked up as I slid next to him on the booth.

"So who called you?" He asked wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's no one trust me." I shook my head nodding off the subject.

"Well you seemed pretty shaken up, you ok?" He said with concern in his voice. Wow, he is really sweet. Damn this boy can charm me.

"Yea I am fine. You know what, I think I am just gunna head home. Tired." I lied. I didn't want to stay too late and then have Marcus waiting for me.

"You sure? I can't bring you home if you want?" He said getting up and grabbing his keys.

He left a 50$ bill on the table and placed my coat on my shoulders. My dress twirled around as he spun me with his smile.

"Haha Justin what are you doing?" I giggled.

"Dance with me before you go." He said grabbing my hands. I swallowed hard, I had to get home or Marcus would get mad. I looked into Justin's mocha eyes and started to melt. His hands traveled down to my lower back and pulled me in close, very close. I inhaled his scent and he massaged by waist. Maybe I can stay just for a little.

"Naa ha na hmmm la do DOO DOO la" Justin scatted as he swayed his body back and forth me engulfed in his strong arms.

"The world is beautiful with you in it, Selena." He said kissing my forehead. I looked up and saw his eyes staring at me. I had goosebumps on my arms and was glad I had my coat on. I was still so close to him so I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him sweetly. He was a really good kisser, I think I was too. I tasted his lips, and he slid his tongue in. We were in the middle of the restaurant so I decided not to give them a show.

"Sweety." I said and batted my eyelashes at him as he blushed. He pulled away from hugging me and I was cold now. So I ran up behind him and hugged his torso. He was laughing so he turned around and picked me up so my legs were straddling his waste.

"Yo bitch! Get down!" I heard Marcus scream. I flinched and got down. I ran outside and tried to find my car to just run away. This was the worst thing ever. Why was he here?!

"Hey! Don't run from me!" He said he grabbed my arm and flung me to the pavement. I looked at Justin standing in there confused and in shock.

"Come on! Let's go to your place! I can't believe you stood me up for some other guy! You cheated on me?!" He said furiously.

"What? You said you were single?" Justin said and he was still confused but hurt was starting to show.

"No, Marcus. We broke up a while ago! Leave me alone stalker! I don't have any feelings for you!" I said to him. He started to storm towards me but Justin pulled him back and the wrestled a bit before calming down.

"So I was just some guy you called to hook up on everyday after work then huh? Don't you remember that? I was probably not the only one!" He spat fuming.

"You used guys just to Hook up with them?" Justin said softly and extremely hurt.

I didn't know what to say, I was at a bad time in my life. Justin would understand?

"Well...yes but never you! It was a hard time." I pleaded as a tear creeped down Justin's cheek. Why was he crying?

"You don't value relationships." His voice cracked.

Before I could scream, yes I DO. Marcus came on top of me and started kicked me and every horrible thing. Justin leaped into action and tore him off of me and beat him to the ground knocking him out for my safety. I was shaking.

"J-Justin." I said knowing he is very upset with me.

"Just get in my car, i can't let you stay at that apartment of yours tonight. That guy is going to wake up." Justin said not even making eye contact.

"I can't believe this." I mumbled getting into his car.

"Believe what?" He snapped.

"That we went from falling in love with each other to hating each other in minutes!!" I screamed turning my head away from him as my braid was falling out becoming messy.

"Well I guess I wasn't falling for the girl
You really are!! You don't care about anybody but yourself! Sleeping with different guys every night just for the fun of it?! That's dangerous and immature!" He screamed with more hot tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You are the only person who knows who I really am Justin! This is me! I am not some ghetto chick I pretended to be! My brother died! You left! I had no one! I had to look out for myself!" I screamed in frustration.

"No, you're wrong. I don't want to know the real you anymore. You scare me, and if that's your way of looking out for yourself. I make the worst choices, you are a species that goes rabbid when left in the wild." He said gripping the wheel until his knuckles turned white. He was clenching his jaw.

I slowly leaned over to kiss his jawline but he flinched.

"Please don't, I can't." he said not even looking at me. I nodded and slumped in my seat. I could tell his mind was racing. I feel horrible I did this, but if he would just understand. No one understands.