Chapter 21

"So what are the results doctor?" I said standing slowly waiting for a response.

"Well, we did finish the surgery. It's one of those, one in a million circumstances that if she wakes up she will be fine. Her memory is a little hazy, obviously she isn't up yet so I don't know what she would recall, it is usually one extreme or another, all good or all bad." He sighed.

"Can I go in there and try to wake her up?" I spoke fast with Chanel standing firmly behind me.

"Of course, she's right this way."

We walked into a boxy white room with Selena wrapped in gauze around her head. She was sleeping peacefully. Channel stood there and she looked as if she wanted to touch her but was scared.

I waked over to her and knelt beside her bed.

"Channel what if she wakes up and doesn't remember me? What if she wakes up and only remembers the bad?" I said trembling with fear.

"What if she wakes up and remembers the good?" She countered me.

"Never gunna happen." I sighed and rested my head on Selena.

"Come on baby, I'm here. Just wake up, I love you." I cooed nervously rocking back and forth.

I looked at the monitors and nothing changed.

"Come on, chica. One, two, ..." Channel smiled and I saw Selena's eyes flutter open.

Chanel got up and hugged the week Selena.

"What was that?" I said confused at how she just woke up from Channel's words.

"It's how I wake her up at home." She smiled in disbelief.

"Uh... May I ask? Who are you?" Selena asked and her face got read as her eyes connected with mine.

"You honestly don't remember me?" I said hurt as the monitors started beeping and doctors flooded in with clip boards.

"How long has she been awake?" Ome said with glasses and a buzz cut.

"Uh- just happened." I said still in shock.

They took tests on her and I sat next to Channel in a chair off to the side and just observed.

"Maybe in a few hours she will remember." I hoped.

"Shut up, just shut up lover boy." She said and rested her head on my shoulder. Channel was obviously upset.

"Doc? Will her memory every come back? I think she lost it all." I groaned.

"Maybe, if it comes back all at once it might just be for a split second, let's pray it comes back In stages." he said and left the room with his assistants.

"Stages... Okay." I whispered to myself.

"Yea but I know she will come around to you. I didn't know her my whole life, she may never remember." Channel shook her head and let a tear fall.

I have never seen this side of her before.

"So... why are you guys in my room?" Selena spoke up.

"We were just leaving." Channel said and grabbed my hand and stormed out of the hospital.

We were in the parking lot as Channel dug in her pockets for the keys.

"What was that for?! We should talk to her, make her remember!" I said pointing out her stupidity.

"Let her do it on her own! Besides I can't stand to see her like this. Fuck that fucking X son-of-bitch, glad I shot him." She said and slammed the car door and I got in the passengers seat quickly.

"Channel, maybe we can read up on some similar cases so we know exactly how to deal with this?" I suggested while she gave me a death stare.

"I am taking you home and don't bother me again." She groaned and slammed on the gas pedal.

"Hey, we are both in this together. We both care for her and want her to remember." I stayed getting slightly annoyed as well.

"Yea but you don't understand.... she is all I have left."