Chapter 20

Chanel held the gun at X.

"Fuck you." And the gun went off with X falling to the ground, speechless and now a cold, red, puddle forming around his chest. She fired the gun, she murdered him.

The buff guys scurried away at the gun shot, their leader was dead and were vulnerable.

"Chanel! Are you okay?" I said running to her with Selena in my arms as Chanel turned pale and started to vomit.

"Oh my god! I killed him!" She screamed in horror.

"It's gunna be alright, we just need to get Selena to the hospital. You did the right thing, we are going to get your best friend back." I said and held her hair away from her face as she continued to throw up.

"God dammit I hope your fucking right." She said and shoved the gun in her pants and stood up shakily.

"I'm driving." I said and ran outside to the car with Selena still in my arms and Chanel following close behind me.

"Step on it." Chanel said strapping herself in on the front seat and Selena laying in the back.

I kept thinking on the condition Selena is in and how dyer the situation is. I miss her, my girl, that girl in the backseat is just something X created, not something I loved.

A tear slipped down my cheek and it caught Chanel's eye.

"Hey, hey hey hey, look at me. It's going to be okay, chica over there is strong, and the people that love her are even stronger." She said, I could tell she was trying to get herself to believe those words too.

I just nodded and finally pulled into the hospital.

"You grab her while I run inside and get help." I said running into the emergency entrance.

"Help! Help! I need help!" I said entering the building grabbing any nurse or doctor I saw.

"What's your emergency sir?" They said so calmly it killed me.

"My girlfriend! She got in a bad accident! You need to help her, if you don't I am going to die." I said staring into the doctors eyes so desperately.

Chanel came in carrying her, and the doctor stares at Selena examining her.

"Is this her?" He said calmly again walking over to her.

"Yes. Please, is there anything you can do."

"We can try sir, she has some sever head trauma. What was the accident?" He asked me and I paused.

"I'm not sure, I just found her and just- help her goddammit!" I said flustered and they helped her onto a stretcher and wheeled her to a room.

"Come back tomorrow, it's already late and it looks like you need rest too." He said pointing at my bandages around my stomach.

"She will be going through surgery and pray it goes okay, do that for me alright?" The doctor said as I reluctantly took Chanel and left the building.

"Your gunna be okay, and that girl behind those doors is a strong one. She will fight, trust me." Chanel comforted me while I sat glumly in the passenger seat.

"I don't even know where we stand. I know I love her, but it's hard for us to be together. After everything that happened, you know what I mean?" I said shakily. I played with the frame of my glasses feeling awkward. I don't like putting my feelings out in the open, but I do because I love love even more that I'm not myself anymore. It's so strong it takes me over.

"Come on, I will take you home. You have nothing to worry about, I killed them all." She chuckled darkly and it put a slight smirk on my lips.

".... Yea but it still is weird, I mean. I don't feel comfortable right now staying alone. Mind if you spend the night ?" I said nervously, I am scared and I'm not a gang member, she can probably like protect me or something.

"Uh... sure. So we can leave first thing in the morning and come back to the hospital." she said pulling into my driveway.

"Sounds like a plan." I said unbuckling my seatbelt, Chanel never even bothered to put hers on.

We walked inside and she threw herself into my couch and shut her eyes. I stood in the doorway and watched her.

She tossed and turned and I saw a tear slip from her shut eyes.

"You alright?" I asked her sitting on the couch.

"No." She said turning to stone around me, again.

I stared at her puffy, red face and could feel her pain.

"Come on, tell me." I nudged her gently, I was treading on thin ice.

"I murdered someone, why the fuck would I be ok. I don't have anyone right now, my best friend is practically a shit ball and I can only pray they fix her. My family don't care half of em are dead or should be." She sobbed.

"It's okay, you did the right thing, no one can tell you otherwise. He put our lives in danger, he shot me and killed my mom. ...Plus, you are not alone, you have me and always will." I said and hugged her.

"Thanks loverboy, but you only are here because of Sel, you don't care about me. I'm just a third wheel."

"That's not true, I don't want you to get hurt. I might not be the toughest guy but if it where you in that hospital right now, I'd fight anyone to get to you. You have been a friend for sel got all of those years and that's been a blessing even though it wasn't in the best circumstances." I said and wiped her tears away with a tissue and she was so close to my face her breath made my glasses fog. For some reason I get that feeling god put her in my life for a reason, she's like the sister I never had and no matter what I'd have a place in my heart for her.

"That's sweet, I wish someday I'd find my own little nerd like you. But right now I need some sleep, god please give us the strength to get through tomorrow."