10

I can't even recall what happened yesterday. There were so many emotions that I couldn't even organize. Selena said she wanted a relationship with me but I didn't even know what I want.

"Justin are you okay?" My mom said peeping in my bedroom.

"Yea I'm fine. Come in." I said still staring at my ceiling.

"Okay, well you haven't been the same since you brought that girl over." My mom said sitting on my bed.

"Mom she isn't just a girl, you know her name. She was family! Stop acting like that!" I rolled my eyes so annoyed with her. Why is she being so rude.

"Just, I am looking out for you." she said trying to rub my shoulder but I pushed her arm away.

"No mom, it only hurts me knowing that you don't support me or my decisions. Everybody makes mistakes.... but if you really love them you forgive them." I said biting my lip thinking about Selena and what she said yesterday.

"Mom, if I made a mistake you wouldn't disown me! You'd still love me, why can't you do that with Sel?! You used too." I said my voice getting quieter as I went on.

She sighed, "you're right Justin. But Selena has done so many outrageous things after her brothers death. I couldn't even except the fact she used to be your girlfriend." she said biting her tongue.

"What do you mean? What exactly?" My curiosity winning.

"Just... maybe I should let her tell you." She looked down and I started getting nervous. What was she talking about?

She swallowed hard and searched through her purse and handed me what looked like a newspaper.

"What is this?" I said not really wanting to know anymore after reading the Headline.

'Gang Wars Lead Rebel Princess Behind Bars?'

Oh my god.

Her picture of her, or what I think is her in hand cuffs and she was wearing dark makeup with messes up hair and all black clothes.

What does this even mean? Are they talking about Sel? I just let my mind run with questions rather be broken by the truth. I don't really want to know what this means.

"I'm going to go now, you gunna be ok?" My mom said with a tense expression to her face. I nodded even though I am not okay, this is probably the one time in my life where I am not even close to okay.

The paper laid in my hands and I was frozen. I had to read it no matter how painful. I need to know the truth.

I started reading.

The paper came out two years ago.

'It's a reoccurring problem in the slums of NYC. Gang violence but could our once pop princess turn sour? Having slipped under the radar for sometime now turns out she slipped way under the radar. The face of the recent gang that emerged from south Manhattan, could she be a culprit? Recently the NYCPD has gained enough evidence and has detained our now Rebel Princess. We can only imagine she did this too get closer to former beau thee Justin Bieber himself! Such a twisted love story. However, sources have to us that Selena was intimate with the other head of the gang we have not yet received information on his name. Selena was convicted of trespassing, robbery, and selling alcohol to a minor, violence, and not to hurt Bieber's feelings but we have to add, prostitution.'

I stopped reading I don't care what the rest of that said. I can't read anymore. I wanted to die. I started crying, crying so hard. It was the type of crying that makes you just want to curl up in a ball and scream until the pain goes away. I wasn't said or mad, I was disappointed. Disappointed in myself that I wasn't there. I will never let that go. I wasn't there when she needed me and all I wanted to do was protect her but I set her up to fail. I made her into a monster. I made her into a criminal, I am her heartbreaker. Now she doesn't even have a heart to break, she is emotionless like a ghost. The outside is there but inside she's hollow, tossing her body around like a rag doll. I let people take advantage of her.

But, think she could just put on an old dress she had and we would go back to normal, hide her past. She can't hide this from me, she is going to have to explain even though that's the last thing I really want. She said it herself that relationships don't work without understanding, and right now I don't understand why she did what she did. Though I can sort of see how, after all she did think I was a killer, so what she did didn't compare to what she thought I did.

When people try to be strong that's usually when they are weakest.

I made her weak.

A/N: hey guys sorry for the extreme shortness of this chapter I really wanted to post something soon! I love all the positive feedback I'm getting I see every notification and it makes my day! Trust me next chapter will be a lot longer!! :) stick with me!!!