Chapter 12

Luke's POV

She said yes. I still cannot believe she said yes. My head has been realing since last night when I asked. I'm sitting under the tree we usually sit at during lunch. Izzy and I are waiting for Jak and Carlos because they're at football practice, and we promised them a ride home.

"I'm still in awe of you." I muttered as I played with the ring on her finger between us as she sat in my lap.

"I'm always in awe of you, Luke." She smiled at me and cupped my cheek with her free hand.

"You're going to be my wife, Izzy." I smiled from ear to ear.

"And you're going to be my husband." She kissed my left-hand ring finger. "I'm going to put a ring on you right here."

"I can't wait." I was breathless at her words. "I want to wait. I want us to get married after high school. A summer wedding would be cool, but its your day. So whatever you want, I'll get it for you." When I'm with Izzy, I forget that I'm rich. I forget that I have my own place. I forget everything.

"This is our day, Luke. I'm going to be Mrs. Luke Bradford. I want you to enjoy our day just as much as I will. I want this to not only be the happiest day of my life, but of your too. Everything we decide will be a team decision because that's what we'll be. A team. Forever."

"And always." I let out a large breath. "This is why I'm marrying you, Izzy." I smiled and let out a giddy giggle. "You're going to be Izzy Bradford. You're going to carry my name. You'll be mine."

"I was always yours." She whispered and kissed me. Her hands rested on my chest as mine stayed wrapped around her waist protectively.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Jak coughed from beside us.

I nodded and helped Izzy to her feet even though she didn't need it. I held her ring-clad hand in mine. Nobody knows yet. About the engagement. That's why I tried covering it until we were ready to tell everyone together.

"I'll see you guys later; I'm taking Izzy out." I winked at Izzy as the two boys rolled their eyes and hoped out of the car.

"So where are you taking me, fiancé." She spoke in a posh acent that made me laugh.

"Somewhere I hope to go for the rest of my life." I know my vague answer made her more curious, but she didn't say anything.

"You know I'd fall apart without you"

I started singing to the tune playing in the car as we drove. We'd be there soon, but I wanted to sooth her nerves while we drove. And mine.

"I don't know how you do what you do
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you"

I looked at her while we were stopped at a stop light. She smiled at me and leaned over to kiss me breifly.

"Like everything that's green, girl, I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you're wanted too
'Cause I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted"

Her smile as I sang the soft melody made me smile. I've never sung in fromt of anyone else. I was just hoping that I didn't suck.

"Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah
And you get that all the time, I know you do
But your beauty's deeper than the make-up
And I wanna show you what I see tonight
When I wrap you up
When I kiss your lips.
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
'Cause, baby, I, I wanna make you feel wanted"