Chapter 3

Luke's POV

I haven't seen Izzy in 4 days except for briefly in the hallways at school. She had to cancel us all meeting at her house after the day we all met because of a 'thing' she had to do. I didn't think I minded until I started to... miss her? I know it sounds crazy. Especially coming from me since I've never had a girlfriend ever. Sure, I've dated around, but honestly, girls annoy me beyond measure. Well all but one. Izzy. She's different. She didn't want my money or anything like most girls. I thought for sure she was only hanging out with Jak to get to me and my families money. My money. Then, Jak told me they were hanging out before school and before she had even met anyone else. So she genuinely was just nice to me. I liked it. I liked the feeling she gave me. The way she made me smile. It was a foreign feeling to me, but I liked it.

I was thinking about her as I walked into my second period class with Jak and Thomas.

"Did you guys see her today?" We've all really missed her since we met her. We spent hours together and we all grew really close. Jak and her more than most of us which made me a little jealous; he considered her as his best friend.

"Nope." Jak sighed slouching more into his seat. "I don't want to now. Especially not after what she did this morning." I gave him a curious look.

"What did she do?" I asked sitting up straight.

"Well, she ditched me again driving to school. Then, in first period Kelsie came up to me and told me that the reason she has been ditching us is to hang out with her because apparently Izzy thinks we are all no good low life's like everyone else in this school does. I thought she was different." He trailed off. I couldn't even reply. So that's why she hasn't spoken to us since that first day.

-

Carlos, Jak, Thomas, Ricky, and I were sitting in our usual place under the tree in the back of the school eating lunch and talking when I heard her.

"Hey, guys!" She smiled walking closer and sitting in our make shift circle.

"What are you doing here?" Carlos said rather rudely. No matter how mean she was to us I still am falling for her. How can they be so mean to her? Wait...I'm falling for her. Oh god. I'm actually falling for a girl and she thinks I'm a low life idiot. Great.

"I'm eating lunch with my friends what does it look like?" She laughed pulling a bag and a magazine out of her back pack.

"Friends? Yeah, sure." Jak scoffed.

"What are you talking about?" She asked genuinely shocked. I couldn't manage to say or do anything but stare at her and admire her. She looked beautiful.

"Don't pull that crap with me! We know about everything that happened this morning in first period!" Jak yelled shocking us all. "We know about your hanging out with Kelsie after school instead of us and about you calling us idiot low life's this morning in first period. We know that that's why you have been ditching us. That that's the 'thing' you've been having to do instead of hanging out with us." He looked pissed now. I turned to look back at Izzy and she was laughing?

"Oh gosh." She laughed even harder clutching her stomach until she looked back up and saw none of us laughing. "Wait, you're serious?" She asked looking at us all.

"Yeah!" Thomas snapped.

"Guys, I wasn't even here this morning. I was doing something with my sister before school. I literally just got here. I can show you my parking pass time if you'd like." She said looking at us all. "And I haven't been hanging out with Kelsie at all. She's really rude." She reached for the magazine. Is she really going to look through a stupid magazine right now?