Chapter 18

Luke's POV

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I asked, turning to see her glaring at Izzy's hand on my arm with her wedding ring on.

"More like why is she here?" My mother spat, making me roll my eyes. My father and I have been okay since that weekend I was supposed to introduce my parents to Izzy, but my mom never even tried to say sorry, and for that, I will never forgive her. Can't she see how crazy I am about Izzy?

"We just came to pick up something. We'll be leaving now." I spoke sternly, turning to grab and lace my hand with Izzy's, whom was looking down at the ground. I quickly turn to lift her head and swipe away a stray tear that had fallen. "It's okay, baby." I mouthed to her.

"You need to clean your room after she leaves." My mother rolls her eyes.

"I don't live here anymore, mom, so I'm okay. I'm just going to take my wife home now." I said, trying to politely excuse myself.

"Your wife? Did you marry her because she got pregnant? You felt bad, right? That's why." She sneered at me, and I felt Izzy cower behind me.

"No." I growled at her, gripping Izzy's hand tighter. "I married her because I love her. I married her because I want to spend the rest of my goddamn life with her. And she got pregnant after our wedding. After everything, and I don't feel bad. I couldn't be more excited to create a family with the love of my life. Maybe you'd understand how I felt about her if you gave us a chance when I came to visit with her. You'd see how amazing she is, how thoughtful and caring." I said back to her, my face turning red no doubt. "But now you're too late. Now all I need is Izzy and Kyle and the boys and our baby. That's all I need." I said quieter now before Izzy grasped my arm loosly.

"Don't yell at her. She is still your mom, Luke." She whispered to me with tears in her eyes.

"Now you made her cry, mom! And as much as you make her cry she'll still want me to be nice to you because she's that good of a person, and you-you don't get to say anything about it." I wrapped my arm protectively around Izzy before walking us out of my old house. The house that I spent so many years alone in while my mom and dad created a different life with my little brother and sister somewhere else.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked, leaning against the car and pulling her to stand between my legs.

"Oh, yeah, don't worry about me.It's just pregnancy hormones." She faked a laugh and wiped away her tears.

"You don't always have to stay strong, baby." I whispered and kissed her lightly. "C'mon. Let me take you somewhere."

I paused when she gave me a worried look. "Last rime I let you take me somewhere, your mother showed up and insulted me." She said, faking scared.

"I promise she won't. It'll be just you and me." I smiled at her.

-

"I love this place." Izzy whispered. She was laying between my legs while I leaned against a tree, her back pressed to my chest.

"I do, too." I laughed. "It seems like so much has happened since we sat her the first time at our infamous tree outside the gym at school."

"So much has happened." She agreed and laughed. "I remember how jealous you got when I did that first photo shoot." She laughed even more.

"Okay, that was a valid response. His hands were all over you." I unwrapped my arms around her enough to place my hands on her stomach. "Our baby is inside here." I chuckled happily.

"Yeah, she is." She smiled.

"She? How do you know its a she? I think it'll be a boy." I smirked before kissing her neck lovingly.