Chapter 9

Luke's POV

I woke up early to start packing all of our stuff together except for the clothes we needed to get dressed and leave today. I left out some cute black leggings, boots, and one of my large sweatshirts for her to change into since I loved it on her.

I quickly ran downstairs to grab my phone since I left it rushing to Izzy after dinner. I looked theough the couch cushions before seeing my dad walk out of the game room. I scoffed before deciding to just leave it here, not wanting to deal with my family right now. As I walked towards the stairs, my dad called me.

"Luke. Here." He walked towards me with my phone. I gently grabbed my phone whispering a simple 'thank you'. "Luke." He signaled me again right after I turned.

"Yes?" I tried asking in my politest tone. No matter what, they are my family. I'm just super pissed right now.

"I know she loves you. I'm proud of you for finally choosing well. Don't listen to your mother on this one, alright? She'll come around." I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yeah. Do me a favor?" He nodded. "Tell everyone I love them. I'm going to take Izzy out to a hotel for the rest of our trip since...well, you know."

"Okay." He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"I better get back to Izzy." I smiled just saying her name.

"Treat her right, Lucas."

"Oh, I do." I jogged up the stairs, clambering back under the covers in bed after locking our door. I wrapped my arms around Izzy's small waist and pulled her back into me.

"Mmm. Good morning." Her angelic voice mumbled against my chest with a smile.

"Good morning, beautiful." I stroked her hair out of her face. "Shall we get up and go? I have a surprise." I smiled down at her as she sat up and streached.

"Mhm." She got up and we were off.

-

While we sat in the car driving off to my surprise, I couldn't help but notice how unusually quiet Izzy was.

"What's wrong, babe?" I slid my hand reassuringly up and down her thigh.

"I hate that I made you mad at your family. I feel like a complete idiot. Your mom was right. You're too good for me." She slid further down in her seat and covered her face with her hands.

I pulled over. "What are you talking about? You are not too good for me, and you aren't the reason I'm mad at them. They were rude to you. They were rude to the girl that I love. That has nothing to do with you. You are an amazing person, and they'll come around to see that. Don't worry, sweetheart." I cupped her cheek and smiled at her.

"Okay." She leaned her forehead against mine before I kissed her.

"You good?" I asked smiling and tracing her bottom lip with my thumb.

"Yeah." She nodded, smiling at me brightly.

I started back on the road the the most amazing weekend of our life.

-

Another hour long drive to my mysterious surprise, and we were here. "Oh my." Izzy gasped looking at the beautiful hotel room we walked into. "Luke! You know I hate when you spend mo-"

"Izzy, you know I want to spoil you. Just this weekend let me make you the happiest girl on earth. Please." I pleaded, pulling her into my arms.

"You already do. You don't need to buy me stuff." She hugged me close.

"I know, but I want to." I pulled her down on the bed with me making her giggle loudly.

"Lets go to the pool! Please, Luke!" She jumped up excited.

"Okay. Lets go, baby." I smiled seeing her so excited. If I can somehow cause her to smile more, thats all I want to do.

We got on our bathing suits and walked down to the huge pool they had at the hotel. There weren't many people here.

We walked to a vacant part of the pool where there were a few lawn chairs laid out. Izzy pulled off her swimsuit dress cover and laid on the open lawn chair.

"Well, you look good." I smiled sitting on the edge of her chair.

"So do you, hottie." She smiled resting one of her hands on my bare chest. I leaned down to kiss her. I smiled into the kiss as she played with the hair at my neck.

"I love you so much."

"I love you so much more." She breathed out. "Carry me into the pool, my prince." She laughed.

"Hell no. You got feet." I stood up brushing her off and starting to walk to the pool. I turned laughing and jogging back to her. "I'm kidding." She stared at me with her mouth wide open.

I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her forehead as she laughed. I wuickly ran to the pool.

"Don't you da-" She yelled but was cut off when I jumped in with her still in my arms.

When we resurfaced, she slapped my arm. "I'm gonna kill you."

"But I love you." I pouted.

"Well, I don't love you back." She started to swim away, but I pulled her back and twirled her in the water to kiss me.

"You know you love me." I whispered in her ear.

"Maybe a little." She breathed out.

"A lot." I smiled before feeling my stomach grumble. "Hey, babe. Lets go back up to our room and order food. We haven't eaten all day."

She smiled at me. "Okay."

I carried her back out of the pool before grabbing our stuff and walking back towards the entrance.

"You know, you can put me down." Her laugh emitted throughout the elevator as we stepped in.

"I know." I smirked to myself. "But I like you being in my arms." She rolled her eyes at that.

-

We laid in bed watching TV and eating the burgers and fries we ordered up. I smiled down at her, quickly placing a kiss on the top of her head.

I was truly the luckiest man alive to have her. Even while shes eating a cheeseburger in nothing but her girl boxers and one of my oversized t shirts she is beautiful. I can't help my constant need to touch her and feel close to her. Even while we are just eating! I've never felt that need before, and turthfully, it scares me. It scares me that I need her more than I need air in my lungs. It scares me that I am so dependent on her in my life. But at the same time, I love it. I love needing her. I love being with her. I love the feeling she gives me that I can just do anything. I love that she doesn't pretend around me. That she is naturally beautiful and doesn't hide it.

"What are you thinking about?" She smiled, setting down her burger on the table and turning to me. I clicked off the TV and pulled the covers over us.

"How much I love you." I stated simply.

"And how much is that?" She smirked wickedly.

"More than you could ever imagine, darling." I smoothed her hair away.

"I love you, too." She whispered.

And the rest of the night nothing was said. We laid there in the darkness looking at each other. I could perfectly see her features from the light of the moon seeping in through the window. She looked perfect. Her glowing blonde hair brushing over her shoulder but not in front of her face. Her evergreen eyes staring back at my crystal blue ones. Her perfect lips forming a content smile.

And thats how it was. Content. Perfectly content. I was content with having her. With being with her. With all our small gestures and kisses. With all her small affections towards me. With her.

I couldn't picture anyone better to spend every second of every day with. And thats exactly what I plan to do.