Chapter 8

Izzy's POV

I was laying on my bed with Jak talking since everyone else was busy. It's been 4 days since the incident with Tony, Luke, and my dad; and Luke has been kind of distant lately.

"You okay?" Jak interrupted my thoughts as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Do you ever love someone so much and get used to being with them so often that when they are gone for even the smallest amount of time you miss them more than you can even imagine? Because that's how I feel a lot lately." I sighed.

"What's going on?" He turned his head to look at me sideways.

"I don't know really. Luke's been distant ever since the thing with Tony. I'm starting to feel like he's avoiding me. Plus, he said he'd drive me to my shoot yesterday since my cars in the shop and he didn't, so I had to get a ride from Ricky." I shook my head laying down.

"Why did he flake out?"

"I don't know. All I know is I want something with him. Something deep and meaningful. Something like when we first met. I know the beginning of a relationship is supposed to be nicer than once you get closer but still. This is catastrophically different. I don't like it." I turned my wrist to look at my watch. "Hey, can you drive me to my shoot today? Luke said he'd meet me there, but I still need a ride."

He smiled at me and nodded. "Yeah. No problem." He gave me a sympathetic smile as we stood up and headed for the door.

-

Luke was way late for our photo shoot together. The backup they have for the shoot is already ready and starting to be placed as they dragged me towards him. This was the Victoria Secret shoot I had set up with Luke, and I know he'll be mad if he see how revealing and intimate the poses with my partner are without him. They aren't showing anything private of me, but I will be extremely close to my posing partner. It's Luke's fault though. He didn't show up.

I walked out to the set with my red pumps and matching red lingerie set. They had me standing next to the male model who hooked his arm around my waist while his back was to the camera and we faced each other. Next, he pretended to brush hair out of my face as we looked 'deeply' into each other's eyes. Lastly, my right leg was lifted and bent at the knee to be right beside his leg where he held just my leg just below my bum with his other arm holding my waist and my arms on his chest. That's definitely the closest I've ever been with another model.

-

I had 2 minutes until the bell rang for lunch. Yesterday's photo shoot where Luke didn't even show up or text a sorry made me mad all day. I was frustrated he didn't take it seriously. That's my career he messed with!

"Hey." Ricky walked behind me throwing his arm over my shoulder and taking my lunch from my hand to hold for me.

"Hey, R." I smiled fakely.

"How was the shoot last night?" He rose his eyebrows at me implying Luke.

"He didn't show." I trailed off.

"I'm so sorry, I-"

"I don't even care anymore. Whatever is going on with him isn't my fault." I snapped then sighed. "Sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

"Hey. No worries." He shrugged as we got closer to the lunch tree seeing Jak, Daniel, Thomas, and Luke all sitting there.

Seeing Luke made me sad. Really sad. "Hey, um. I forgot something at my locker. I'll be right back." I smiled falsely at Ricky.

"I'll come with you." He suggested.

"No. No, stay here. I'm good." I started walking off not letting him give a response.