Too pretty for pain (Shelly x Colt)

~This will be told from Shelly's POV

Today was the day. The day where I told one of my best friends in the whole world that I was crushing on him. Butterflies swarmed inside my stomach, and I could hear my heart pounding in my chest.

Why did I have to be the one to tell him? I still couldn't figure that out. Except for the fact that he was a chicken and even if he did like me, he wouldn't have the guts to say so.

Not that I assumed he liked me. Only that I wanted him to. Why would a handsome, athletic cocky guy go for a girl like me?

I didn't know the answer to that.

But I wanted to. When I told him my true feelings, everything would change. He would either unfriend me...

Or the one I was hoping for...

Say that he liked me back.

Honestly, I didn't care what happened as long as I got this off my chest. The nervousness and anxiety that had been growing inside me for the past month would be gone. Because I couldn't unlike him, but I could tell him my feelings. And that was the best I could do.

I had been trying my best to hide the fact I was crushing on him ever since I realized it. However, my best friend Piper knew something was up. She could tell by the way I looked at him and the dreamy stare I got in my eyes when I saw him.

Of course, that's one of the bad things about having a best friend who's super into romance. She can always tell what's up.

But for once, I didn't mind. The more help I could get about my feelings for Colt... the happier I was.

And speaking of the devil, there Colt was. Right there. About 50 feet away from me. Even though that was a bit of a ways off, I could still tell it was him with his cocky posture and bright, red hair like a strawberry.

I felt like a herd of buffalos was inside me.

This was it.

I started walking towards him.

"Colt! Hey Colt! Can you come over here? I wanna talk for a second."

He didn't seem to hear me. Strange. Anytime someone says anything about him he immediately starts listening.

I decided to walk a little closer. I tried again.

"Colt! Can you hear me?" I yelled.

Again, nothing. Now I was probably 20 feet away.

Something was off. I could tell. As I got closer, I noticed something I hadn't before.

He was pressed into something.

Or someone.

I continued walking. 10 feet. 8 feet. 6 feet.

And then I saw her.

Piper.

Under Colt's body, she had her hands on his face and was kissing him.

Even though she knew I liked him.

"COLT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed, not caring who heard.

"Shelly?" He spun around, away from Piper.

I gave him a death glare.

"Shelly, it's not what it looks like..." He started.

"Save it pretty boy. Save it for the people that will listen." I snap, walking away.

"Shelly, wait!" He yells.

I don't. I run faster than I ever have before, trying to escape him and the tears that cascade down my face, like a waterfall of sadness.