This one's on the house! (Road Rage Carl x Barley)

Request from @Multisilhouette!

Couldn't find any artwork :(

This will be told in Barleys POV.

"One Mortis's Margarita please!" A customer asks me. 

"Of course! I will be right back, just sit right there!" I call over my shoulder, as I take my towel and head into the back to mix the ingredients. 

As promised, a few moments later I swiftly hand the drink to the customer.

"Aw thanks man! Looks great!" He says, pulling out his wallet and handing me a crisp 20 dollar bill. 

"Thanks, but that's to much. The actual cost was.." 

"Nah man! You do great service! So here's an tip." He says smiling.

"Well thank you!" I reply, beaming. 

💚💚💚

Yeah. That's how every day at work goes. Its not that I don't like it. Sometimes I just wish.. something was there to spice it up a bit. So it wasn't the same old same old. 

Its okay though. Once I get enough money I can sell the bar and do something else with my life. 

Because that's what I want.

Right?  

💚💚💚

Sometimes, getting what you asked for isn't all that great. I wanted my life to have a bit more flavor to it. 

Instead I get a biker gang. 

And one of them is wearing handcuffs. 

But like I would with any other customer, I put a smile on my face and go to serve them. 

"Hello!"

"Hello? Seriously? How about you give us what we ordered?" The man with the handcuffs snarls.

"But.. but sir, you haven't ordered any-"

"NONSENSE! GET ME A DRINK!" He bellows, standing up. 

"I.. I.." 

The door jingles and someone walks in. 

"How about you order something first? Or just leave the bar in general if you're gonna be so rude." 

I recognize this person! 

Its Road Rage Carl! The most famous racecar driver in all of Brawltopia!

Seeing him.. well that's rare. Its almost super rare.

I've always looked up to him. He's my idol.

And now he's here, in my bar defending me from some jerks. 

I'll have to give him a little something for his kindness. 

"Fine, we'll be leaving. Not like the service is any good here." The man scoffs. He takes his gang and they all leave, probably to go motorcycling or something. 

"Actually, I heard the service is excellent which is why I came." Road Rage Carl says. 

I'm about to die of fanboying. 

My idol, defending me? Its like a dream come true.

I watch the man roll his eyes before leaving.

Road Rage Carl comes up to the counter, a big smile on his face.

"Hey, don't worry about jerks like those. I heard you have the best bar in all of Brawltopia. So I would like a.."

"Wait! I um.. wanted to thank you. For standing up for me. You didn't have to do that, you know."

"Pssh, yeah I did. It was obvious you needed a little help defending bullies like them. Besides, I like helping people. Especially those I like.." He says, leaning in and whispering the last part to me.

I blush. I.. what are these feelings? I want to be close to him. I want to be with him. I want to kiss him. Do I.. like him?

"Aww, you are so cute when you blush. How about, you, me and a little treat?" He says, flirtatiously. 

"I.. um.. are you asking me out?" 

"Ha! Maybe.. so what's your answer?" 

"I.. yes! But first, let me get you something!"

"Why?" He asks.

"For helping me out!"

"Oh, you're welcome! How much should I pay you?"

"Pay?"

"Yes."

"Pssh, you don't need to pay. This one's on the house!"

The end.