That's how I roll! (Darryl x Carl)

Request from _Lexscallion_!

Will be told in Darryl's POV.

The bots (except Tick) will be humanized.

ART IS NOT MINE! Credit to the rightful owner.

Today started out like any normal day, or a normal day for us pirates. We awoke on the ship, tired from yesterdays heist. 

"Argh, Darryl. Got us any food? I be starving." My co-captain, Penny asked. It was early in the morning, and neither of us had eaten anything for two days. We had been out stealing treasure, and the thrill of it had been enough to keep us from not thinking of food. 

"I wish. Sadly we aren't close to land. And we should stay here for a bit, at least until the authorities forget our name." I replied. 

"Ay, why? Fish be in the sea, get us some o' them!" Penny barked. 

"Hold ya horses. We'll find something." I tried to remain calm. Truth be told, I was hungry too. 

"Well, ya better find it fast otherwise I'll be eatin Tick!" Penny exclaimed. The poor robotic bomb whimpered from the starboard. Well the noise was more like this: SGHWSGHWSGHEE! 

"Don't be eatin Tick, little lassie! We'll find somethin soon." I answered on Tick's behalf. 

"FHGHENEJB!" Tick thanked me in Tick speak. 

"Well, make it fast!" Penny demanded. 

"Ay! Watch ya tone or ya getting thrown overboard." I replied. 

"Fine." She agreed. 

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

I knew Penny was trying her best to keep her mouth shut. But we were on hour four of hunger. The sun was hot and there was nothing to protect us from its wrath. Tired, hot and hungry. I wasn't entirely sure how much longer we would last. I was exhausted. So much so that Tick was now steering the ship. 

"AY! Darryl! Look, a ship!" Penny exclaimed. I looked up from the ground.

I saw she was right. A ship was pulling closer to us. 

"Maybe they have food!" I shouted. 

"They better, or I'll eat the crew!" Penny said. 

"HAR HAR HAR!" I laughed. A ship with food seemed too good to be true.

Penny and I got up and started dancing around. Finally! 

We didn't even notice the people on the ship. We should have. Because within seconds of reaching us, the ship stopped. 

A man jumped out, and onto our boat. He had red hair like a strawberry. He was in full pirate attire.

"Hey.. who are you?" I asked.

He didn't answer, but opened up his hand. 

"Do you want us to come with you?" I asked. 

He shook his head. And then opened his other hand. 

A bomb. 

He threw it. 

Penny, Tick and I were thrown backwards. The impact was large and my ears were ringing. Penny was unconscious and Tick's head had come off and was trying to chase the red haired pirate. No such luck though. The man jumped back onto his boat, with our treasure.

"ARGH! FOLLOW THAT BOAT!" I screamed, getting up. I felt lightheaded, but didn't let that stop me. I ran to the wheel and followed the stupid boat. 

This was NOT how I rolled. 

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

I had been steering for 20 minutes trying my best to not lose the ship. 

The treasure we had spent all yesterday and the day before stealing, had been taken from us in the blink of an eye. 

I was filled with rage. 

I sped up. 

They weren't gonna get away. 

I let my rage drive me. 

Finally, we closed the gap.

We were very close to the ship. 

"TICK! Steer! I'm gonna jump!" I yelled to the bomb. 

He wobbled over. 

I ran to the bow of the ship. 

And jumped.