Somebody call for Surge? (8-Bit x Surge, part 2)

I want to hold onto my boyfriend forever, and I will. After I get my questions out of the way. Because I have a lot of them. But for right now, I want to be close to him. So I hug him for a couple minutes longer. And then we break apart. 

"Surge! How.. how on earth are you here? I thought you had to repeat the year? What..." I stammer, hardly caring about the answer, more so caring that he is here. 

"You thought I would leave you here, all alone? I couldn't do that to my boyfriend. No matter what." He says, giving me a large smile. I think I am about to die of love. 

"So.. you snuck out?" I question.  

"8-Bit, for being as smart as you are, I thought you would understand. I was accepted!" He exclaims.

"But.. I was there! You weren't accepted because of your grades!" I stumble over my words, trying my best to understand the situation. 

"8-Bit... grades don't matter. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life! Not sit in a boring classroom, doing math and stuff! Saving people doesn't require brains. It requires strength. And a good heart, both of which I have."

"So.. it doesn't matter about grades?" I ask.

"Nope! I took the test to get into here, and I passed! There wasn't normal math and science, but other things. Things that I'm good at."

"Let me get this straight... they denied you but you still came back and applied?" 

"Yep! I wasn't sure I would get in. I never took the test in the first place, I only applied by showing what skill I had since that was one of the options. But you took the test, passed and got in. So I thought I would take a page out of your book and be smart for once. So I took the placement test for this school and was accepted since what was on there was different then something that would be at our old school!" He explains. 

"Wow.. just wow. I'm impressed Surge. And very happy that you did this. I'm glad you are living your dream!" 

"No silly. I'm not doing this for me! I'm doing this for you. I would have been fine redoing the year, and finding another school. But I saw that this was upsetting you, and I knew what I needed to do. And this was it. This was for you bae. To make your experience fun!" 

I have no words. I can't believe he did this for me. It's... unbelievable. And the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I have no way to thank him. Because he had already given up on his dream and was going to redo the year. But he saw my feelings, and tried, knowing he might fail, to reapply for a spot in the school. 

It warms my heart that someone would do something this nice for me, putting aside their own reality for someone else. I don't think I deserve that. Heck, I don't even deserve Surge. Yet I have the worlds best boyfriend. 

So I think I'll tell him that. 

"Surge,  I can't believe you would do that for me. That is the sweetest, most selfless act. I don't deserve you, yet I was lucky enough to find you. And I couldn't be happier. So thank you. And I love you." I say, leaning into him.

"8-Bit, of course. I would do anything for you. I love you to."

We stay like that for a couple more minutes before the door to my room opens. Right... I had forgotten where I was. 

A boy, with fair hair, pale skin, blue construction hat that obscures most of his face and big nerdy glasses stands in the door frame with a very confused look. 

"Erm, excuse me. I hope I'm not interrupting anything. But I was wondering, if one of you was 8-Bit? You are my roommate. I'm Carl."

I blush bright red and break apart from Surge.

"Uh.. yea that would be me.. nice to meet you." I stammer. 

"Nice to meet you to. Oh, and hi 8-Bit's friend!" Carl says waving to Surge. He waves back sheepishly. 

"Anyway, we have classes soon. I think you should come in to get settled." Carl says. 

"Yeah sure in a second." 

I give Surge one last hug, before deciding this is too tame and leaning in close to him. I press my lips against his, and while he is surprised at first, he kisses me back. We break apart after a minute, both blushing red before I realize I have to go.

So I follow Carl into the room, turning back to give Surge one last glance. And I know this won't be the last time I see him, because we have so many more memories left to create.

The end.