29: Not Easy

sobs on shoulder
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Tae-Taehyung!!?"

The voice made Jungkook turn around but it made Taehyung freeze. He knew this voice very well, it hit differently after such a long time. A wave of nostalgia ran over Taehyung's body. His eyes went wide and his throat dry.

Jungkook saw a guy, shorter than him, round cheeks, full lips, beautiful he admitted. His eyes were wide too, the polybag in his hand with some snack, ice cream, and fresh bread almost fell off his hands.

"Taehyung?" he called again and Jungkook realized he must be Jimin, Taehyung friend. Jungkook placed a soft pat on Taehyung shoulder, on that clue Taehyung turned around slowly, his eyes met with Jimin and the polybag fell of Jimin's hands. Its been years, years since the two met each other's eyes who promised to die for the other.

"Jimin..." Taehyung said and Jungkook knew he was trying hard to be strong. "h-how? How are y-you here?" Jimin said he felt like his legs were held by the ground and did not allow him to move and throw himself in a hug at Taehyung.

"I'm here to see y-you, I missed you," Taehyung confessed while he took a step near to Jimin, a very heavy step for him. "I hope things can get back, I mean, I hope I'm not too late. I-"

"no, not at all, you are not late" and with this, a tear rolled down Jimin's eyes before he engulfed Taehyung in his embrace. Taehyung didn't even take a second and wrapped his arms around the shorter.

"I missed you too, I'm sorry" Jimin sobbed in Taehyung's chest, making Taehyung sob too and he shook his head while he replied "no, it's my time to say sorry. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to meet you, or it might be too late." He said and both sobbed loudly. From all the sounds the gate of the house opened and an old lady walked out with confusion on his face. She saw the two huggings and muttered. "Taehyung?"

Jungkook looked at her and bowed in respect before he nodded and said "yes that's Taehyung." In his sentence, the lady smiled and looked at the two friends reuniting.

"How did you know I was here," Jimin asked as they both were on the rooftop of the house. Jungkook was with the grandparents. Taehyung was introduced as his friend who came to company him to the grandparents while the intro to Jimin was still in the queue.

"yoongi hyung is behind all this" Taehyung said with a smile.

"Ohh... I remember telling him the details. I heard he is with hoseok hyung right now"

"he is..." Taehyung said. Both were being awkward. They wanted to say a lot but nothing was coming to their lips. He sighed before he turned to say another random stuff at Jimin but Jimin spoke before him.

"Taehyung... I might have said that you are not late in coming to me, but maybe things are not that simple now. I don't know if we will be able to get back to what we were." Jimin said it in his honestly. It's not an easy process to accept back your ex-best friend, ask me if you have any doubt. It will take time to get back to the bond they had and it will be tougher as Jimin had to go back abroad to complete his studies.

Taehyung's chest was hit by a pang at Jimin's words but he showed maturity "I guess you are right, but we should try to get back to what we had" on while Jimin nodded. "let's try" he said and got up from the bench.

"let's go downstairs." Jimin offered on which Taehyung said "I guess I should leave, I should give you time to think a bit"

Taehyung heart shattered again when Jimin didn't stop him and nodded with a small smile. They both moved to the floor only to be met with Jungkook tearing up a bit in Jimin's granny's arms before they giggled. "kook you okay?" the deep voice of elder asked. Jungkook nodded in tiny "I just- just got reminded of nanny"

"he is a good kid" the grandma smiled

"Jungkook, we should leave now" Taehyung called. The younger looked up to Taehyung and nodded. They all bid goodbye.

"is he your boyfriend?" Jimin asked while he walked the duet to their car.

"it is not like that" Taehyung and Jungkook said in illusion and Jungkook laughed at that. "okay okay," he said and waved at them before turning back and walking to the house.

Jungkook started the car while Taehyung looked at Jimin's back through the window. The ride back to Jungkook's house started. Jungkook heard a small sniffle from him beside and he stopped the car at the roadside before he turned towards Taehyung. He could see his bloodshot eyes. "Tae... are you crying?" Jungkook asked in the softest voice.

"no, I'm not," Taehyung said and nothing more could trigger his emotion so he broke into ugly sobs. Jungkook's breath hitched and he pulled Taehyung in his arms. He provided his shoulder and Taehyung let all his grief out in sobs.

Taehyung had calmed down a bit but Jungkook was not convinced, so he drove to somewhere now he was dragging the older somewhere without answering his questions. With the elevator door open it showed a rooftop. Beautiful the scene was in the front. The birds were chirping. The sun was not too strong. And you could see almost the whole Busan from there.

"Woah!" Taehyung said as he walked to the railing, the wind rushed and it made his hair dance in it. "it's my secret place, well not much a secret to you now," Jungkook said. It was the old building on his company which no one used anymore.

"it's beautiful," Taehyung said as he looked deep into Jungkook's eyes which stared back at him in the same awe.

While they enjoyed the moment, almost an hour. A voice came to disturb them

"MR. JEON!!?"